Six months out
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:51:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Six months out
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Six months out  (Read 334 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 06, 2012, 02:18:19 PM »

As of today, Sunday, 6 May 2012, we are exactly 6 months from the 2012 Presidential Election.

We are 3 1/2 months from the 2012 Republican National Convention and 4 months from the 2012 Democratic National Convention.

Both the Romney campaign and the Obama campaign are starting to trade jabs at each other with Romney crying foul over the Chinese/US Diplomatic Screw up this past week.

It hasn't been particularly nasty up to this point, though, between the two sides.  When do you expect the campaign ads to increase in the nastiness factor?

More importantly, what do you expect will be the major storylines of the next 6 months?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 02:19:28 PM »

I'm hoping to ignore this as much as possible until a few weeks before the election.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 02:20:46 PM »

I'm hoping to ignore this as much as possible until a few weeks before the election.

Good luck!
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 02:40:28 PM »

I think the RNC has a winner with their "Hype and Blame" schtick. That's really gonna empower the base and resonate with disillusioned Independents.

I don't see it picking up much steam early on. But once Obama enters full campaign mode and people start to see how he diverts attention from his record... that's when it'll resonate. Especially with bad summer jobs numbers.

So bottom line: I think the themes of Hype and Blame will become pretty prominent. Obama will be typical Obama with flashy speeches and excitable crowds--in the end, that could undermine him.
m4567
Rookie
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2012, 03:36:10 PM »
« Edited: May 06, 2012, 03:38:41 PM by m4567 »

I think the RNC has a winner with their "Hype and Blame" schtick. That's really gonna empower the base and resonate with disillusioned Independents.

I don't see it picking up much steam early on. But once Obama enters full campaign mode and people start to see how he diverts attention from his record... that's when it'll resonate. Especially with bad summer jobs numbers.

So bottom line: I think the themes of Hype and Blame will become pretty prominent. Obama will be typical Obama with flashy speeches and excitable crowds--in the end, that could undermine him.

Is the economy the only thing that counts a record? Even so, although it's far from booming, it's a lot better than it was, the past 2-3 years. The job growth may or may not pick up, the rest of the year.

As for Romney, what does he really have going for him? He was a fairly unpopular one-term governor.  He's not boring, but he doesn't have much vision, excitement, or likeability. He will have a lot of negative ads, though.

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies