A Mitt Romney presidency would be disastrous for race relations
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:40:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  A Mitt Romney presidency would be disastrous for race relations
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: A Mitt Romney presidency would be disastrous for race relations  (Read 10270 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2012, 07:20:08 PM »
« edited: May 06, 2012, 07:21:49 PM by Mitt Romney, Economic Heavyweight »

In one post, the original poster of this thread, Kyro, has managed to insult the intelligence of blacks, hispanics, whites, passing it off as fact, whereas it is really nothing more than his own misguided conjecture and opinion.
So rightwing that I broke the Political Compass!
Rockingham

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2012, 02:22:22 AM »

In one post, the original poster of this thread, Kyro, has managed to insult the intelligence of blacks, hispanics, whites, passing it off as fact, whereas it is really nothing more than his own misguided conjecture and opinion.
You forgot Asians, Polynesians, etc.

In other words, it's not that I have a negative perspective of any given race, it's that I have a negative perspective of humans. One which is justified given a sufficiently cynical analysis of our daily lives or a macrosocial analysis.

It's becoming abundantly clear that Rockingham is about 15 years old.
Excuse me? I am providing an argument in favour of my position(see below). Others are choosing to ignore it and ridicule me instead. And I'm the immature one?

Maybe Rockingham thinks the vast majority of Blacks are just violent, drug addled, ghetto people who will riot at the smallest perceived slight. But of course that would make him a racist wouldn't it.....Also kudos to everyone (save the globalizer who has made idiotic posts in the past iirc) from both sides of the aisle who have said this is ridiculous.
No, Rockingham thinks blacks are already suffering economic conditions comparable to a depression, and if you put another depression on top of that+the defeat of a president they have vast sentimental investment in by a percieved racist+that man abolishing welfare programs upon which they increasingly depend+the modern internet(and to a lesser media)'s propensity towards echo chambers of incendiary rage.... their has to be a breaking point where riots occur. 2 years of depression, 4, who knows.

Are people actually insane enough to believe that a breaking point doesn't exist?

Yes, THERE (not "their") is a breaking point where riots occur.  We are not remotely close to that point, though.

What evidence are you basing this theory on?
Evidence?

The black community is already suffering depression economic conditions: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/07/in-black-america-the-depression-rolls-on_n_805850.html

I trust you are already aware of the problems in Europe, the Middle East and China which are the basis of my assumption that a depression is imminent.

Mitt Romney and other Republicans have already stated their intent to destroy safety net programs that African Americans and other minorities are so heavily dependant on, in the name of tax cuts for the rich and preserving Social Security for Baby Boomers(both very white demographics).

The extent of support for Obama in the black community: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/27/us/politics/obamas-support-among-blacks-remains-strong.html?pagewanted=all

Do I need to provide a cite to prove my assertion that the internet(and to a lesser extent other media) are increasingly provide echochambers of opinion that facilitate fanaticism, rage and paranoia? I think that assertion is fairly unquestionable.

A breaking point exists, but why only blacks? If what Rockingham says comes true, the entire population ought to be revolting.

Of course, no such thing will occur. People will sit at home and watching Dancing with the Stars, and lament the fact that they are deprived as their own fault. That is the nature of people- passive and docile.

Why, just look at Spain. They have been dealing with over 20% unemployment there for years. It is a wonder there are no riots. And yet, nothing. If anything, I would expect to see an explosion there first, before America.
And what happens when welfare is abolished and so unemployed people can't afford to watch "Dancing with the Stars", nor can they afford any of the other bread and circuses that serve to distract them?

Spain hasn't implemented radical reductions in welfare like the Republicans plan. Spain is also less racially diverse and thus enjoys a greater degree of social solidarity(Basques not withstanding).

And their have in fact been some riots in Spain:http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CHEQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Fnews%2Farticle-2122261%2FViolence-Spains-streets-sparks-slip-U-S-stock-futures--thousands-clash-police-24-hour-general-strike.html&ei=53enT469G6e3iQeCs-mtAw&usg=AFQjCNEkKYhgg07aW6k_iM5oaTX1oPAStQ&sig2=yHeyTKCRxrCGF1Hnzl7ALQ

Expect an outright revolution in Spain once the conditions there get even worse for several more years courtesy of the broader European crisis.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies