Osama Bin Laden
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:23:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Osama Bin Laden
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Osama Bin Laden  (Read 5619 times)
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 28, 2004, 02:46:25 PM »

what do you think?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2004, 02:53:07 PM »

I think we should assassinate him and all other terrorists. Just killing Bin Laden won't stop terrorism but if we kill them all THEN it will!
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2004, 03:14:39 PM »
« Edited: March 28, 2004, 03:22:30 PM by Michael Z »

I doubt killing him will stop Al-Qaeda, as it's simply an umbrella organisation for many other minor terrorist organisation. They'll carry on killing with or without him. But he has to pay for his crimes, so we should put him on trial and/or execute him.

I think we should assassinate him and all other terrorists. Just killing Bin Laden won't stop terrorism but if we kill them all THEN it will!

One problem is that simply killing all terrorists won't make the problem go away. Others will replace them. Yes, we need to target terrorists, but we also have to take out the causes of terrorism, like extreme poverty and political extremism. Which, ironically, goes straight back to your point about stopping aid to third world countries... if we do that we simply create a bigger breeding ground for terrorists.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2004, 03:16:02 PM »

btw, capture him and execute him means execution without trial.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2004, 05:33:31 PM »

It depends. The best thing would of course be to capure him, try him and then execute him...I'm not really in favour of capital punishment, but with bin Laden...however, this doesn't exclude thinking that it wouldn't do much one way or another about terrorism. I think bin laden is burnt after 9/11 is and isn't much of a force anymore.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2004, 06:53:28 PM »

Assassinate him, all other terrorists, and bomb whatever crowds that form to protest it.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2004, 07:13:21 PM »

Assassinate him, all other terrorists, and bomb whatever crowds that form to protest it.

Yeah, that'd be a smart strategy...
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2004, 07:28:31 PM »

I just thought of that one after they assassignated that Hamas guy - all those crowds protesting, all those potential terrorists conveniently gathered together..
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2004, 07:35:09 PM »

I just thought of that one after they assassignated that Hamas guy - all those crowds protesting, all those potential terrorists conveniently gathered together..

Oh, so only Arab protesters then, not Western ones? I thought dropping a bomb on Times Square or Trafalgar Square might be slightly exaggerating the war on terror...
Kghadial
Rookie

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2004, 08:27:32 PM »

Oh, so only Arab protesters then, not Western ones? I thought dropping a bomb on Times Square or Trafalgar Square might be slightly exaggerating the war on terror...

Opebo would drop a bomb on times square. In fact opebo would nuke all of Europe and all the middle east and then Boston, New York, Chicago, SF, and LA, and DC (once Dubya gets outta town). All in the name of fighting terrorism of course ...
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2004, 02:33:41 AM »

I voted no-OBL is a sick man, who isn't really that powerful in life. If he dies at our hands, however, we're even more screwed then now.

So no, we shouldn't assassinate OBL-we should contain him, and all his supporters-but if we kill them, the problem only gets worse.

I hate the thought of him living another day, though.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2004, 02:36:44 AM »

Assasinate that Beeeatch and all other beeeatches.
English

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2004, 07:59:50 AM »

I would quite happily condone assasinating this evil person. It wouldn't make a blind bit of difference in stopping terrorism though. In fact it would probably create even more Bin Ladens.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2004, 09:49:29 AM »
« Edited: March 29, 2004, 09:50:12 AM by Old Europe »

Option 3 and 5: "No, it would not stop terrorist attacks" and "No, we should capture him and try him".
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2004, 03:27:54 PM »

No I meant those muslim crowds that always gather to celebrate terrorist attacks in the US or Isreal, or to 'protest' the killing of a terrorist like that hamas guy.  They're very conveniently self-selecting by showing up in those large, concentrated groups.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2004, 03:28:55 PM »

Opebo would drop a bomb on times square. In fact opebo would nuke all of Europe and all the middle east and then Boston, New York, Chicago, SF, and LA, and DC (once Dubya gets outta town). All in the name of fighting terrorism of course ...

You're trying to brand me an extremist - I would confine my nuking to the Middle East.  Heck maybe even just use mini-nukes.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2004, 03:45:41 PM »

You're trying to brand me an extremist - I would confine my nuking to the Middle East.  Heck maybe even just use mini-nukes.

LOL! Cheesy

Why not all the world? Quick and expedient, no?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2004, 04:05:53 PM »

LOL! Cheesy

I LIKE most of the rest of the world.  Like I told you I prefer living abroad - couldn't do that if it were all radioactive.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2004, 04:07:15 PM »

LOL! Cheesy

I LIKE most of the rest of the world.  Like I told you I prefer living abroad - couldn't do that if it were all radioactive.

Yeah, but if you look past your personal pleasure and focus on the long-term benefits on national security. No terrorism to worry about. If one has no moral obligations I see no reason not to do so.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2004, 04:24:58 PM »

LOL! Cheesy

Yeah, but if you look past your personal pleasure and focus on the long-term benefits on national security. No terrorism to worry about. If one has no moral obligations I see no reason not to do so.

What would we sell in Wal-Mart?  Americans would all be running around naked and without CD players.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2004, 04:28:00 PM »

LOL! Cheesy

What would we sell in Wal-Mart?  Americans would all be running around naked and without CD players.

Nah. America is great enough to handle that. You would have all-American products. Imagine the number of jobs that'd be created. You could prepare the production before you launched.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2004, 04:29:34 PM »

LOL! Cheesy

Nah. America is great enough to handle that. You would have all-American products. Imagine the number of jobs that'd be created. You could prepare the production before you launched.

I'm not sure its worth it if Americans have to go back to working in textile and consumer electronics sweatshops.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2004, 04:31:14 PM »

LOL! Cheesy

I'm not sure its worth it if Americans have to go back to working in textile and consumer electronics sweatshops.

You could spare Africa and restore the slave trade to take care of this problem. THey're not a threat anyway. With no other media than the American left, they  probably wouldn't know anyway.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2004, 04:34:27 PM »

LOL! Cheesy

You could spare Africa and restore the slave trade to take care of this problem. THey're not a threat anyway. With no other media than the American left, they  probably wouldn't know anyway.

Well, on the 'no real threat' argument I could spare most of the world.  In fact the only ones outside the middle east I would consider a threat - Russia and China - are unhittable due to their own arsenals.  And I would never hit S.E. Asia - love the place.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2004, 04:48:26 PM »

LOL! Cheesy

Well, on the 'no real threat' argument I could spare most of the world.  In fact the only ones outside the middle east I would consider a threat - Russia and China - are unhittable due to their own arsenals.  And I would never hit S.E. Asia - love the place.

It's a question of long-term risks. And AFfrica would only be spared until you had a sufficient number of slaves, then oyu could nuke that as well. And if you do it quick you might be able to take out Russia and China before they know what's going on. You gotta live the life!
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies