Washington Post: Obama Leads Romney By 7% in VA
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 11:25:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  Washington Post: Obama Leads Romney By 7% in VA
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Washington Post: Obama Leads Romney By 7% in VA  (Read 4525 times)
Ben Romney
Hillary2012
Germany

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 03, 2012, 04:41:06 PM »
« edited: May 04, 2012, 12:53:50 AM by Tender Branson »

PRESIDENT – VIRGINIA (WaPo) Obama approval: 53-44
Barack Obama (D-inc) 51%
Mitt ROmney (R) 44%

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/polls/postVApoll_20120502.html
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 12:46:50 AM »

The WaPo Virginia polls are historically very accurate and this backs up PPP.

VA might actually be more Democratic now than the Nation.
Chaddyr23
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.19, S: -5.83

P P
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 02:48:34 AM »

What the hell is going on?!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 03:01:42 AM »
« Edited: May 04, 2012, 03:06:09 AM by Mittosis »

Definitely not a blue state yet, but is moving into the Democratic column quite rapidly. VA may be the fastest-changing state in terms of long-term voting trends at this moment, despite conflicting election outcomes between 2008 and 2010.

Virginia is fastly becoming solidly Democratic and based on some data-sets I ran a couple of weeks ago, may be the fastest-swinging state trending Democratic in the nation. It may not even be a "swing state" in 2012. Florida seems to be a perpetual swing state based on the influx of a wide array of demographics that keep it fairly evenly divided.

I've been saying for some time now that Virginia is the quickest shifting state in the country at this point. There's obviously going to be some instances of "two steps forward, one step back" when it comes to mid-terms versus presidential elections and local/state elections versus national elections, but I would say Virginia flipped on the national level at some point in 2006 or 2007 and has been moving further into the Democratic column ever since. Virginia is at least as Democratic as Pennsylvania is and by 2016, could be on par with Wisconsin or Michigan.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 03:03:35 AM »

If Mittens can't win the most natural country club land against the national average... I don't know how does he plan on getting to 270.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2012, 12:21:29 AM »

If Mittens can't win the most natural country club land against the national average... I don't know how does he plan on getting to 270.
Huh
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2012, 03:14:38 PM »
« Edited: May 05, 2012, 03:17:31 PM by OC »

Huh

Btg ground states CO, NV, OH, NH, NM and IA
With an outside chance for Obama to win 1 state in the south NC, VA or FL.
Obama needs to win OH or a combo of NH, CO and NV along with IA and NM.
Umengus
Belgium

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2012, 04:45:07 AM »
« Edited: May 06, 2012, 04:51:32 AM by Aubry Muslim connection »

wapo virginia polls accurate ? can you give proofs because I have some doubts...

The PPP VA poll was dem biased  because the party id was D +7... Better than in 2008. For now, ppp polls give a big dem advantage in their sample id. Better than in 2008.

cfr last dailykos poll: D + 11 !!!

PPP doesn't use a LV model yet. Wait big changes when it will do...

Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2012, 05:25:29 AM »

Hard to see a path for Romney without VA. He would have to win McCain states +IN, NC, OH, FL, CO + 2 out of 3 of IA, NV, and NH
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2012, 04:51:41 PM »

wapo virginia polls accurate ? can you give proofs because I have some doubts...

The PPP VA poll was dem biased  because the party id was D +7... Better than in 2008. For now, ppp polls give a big dem advantage in their sample id. Better than in 2008.

cfr last dailykos poll: D + 11 !!!

PPP doesn't use a LV model yet. Wait big changes when it will do...

Please stop.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2012, 08:31:05 PM »
« Edited: May 07, 2012, 10:24:19 PM by Kevin »

Definitely not a blue state yet, but is moving into the Democratic column quite rapidly. VA may be the fastest-changing state in terms of long-term voting trends at this moment, despite conflicting election outcomes between 2008 and 2010.

Virginia is fastly becoming solidly Democratic and based on some data-sets I ran a couple of weeks ago, may be the fastest-swinging state trending Democratic in the nation. It may not even be a "swing state" in 2012. Florida seems to be a perpetual swing state based on the influx of a wide array of demographics that keep it fairly evenly divided.

I've been saying for some time now that Virginia is the quickest shifting state in the country at this point. There's obviously going to be some instances of "two steps forward, one step back" when it comes to mid-terms versus presidential elections and local/state elections versus national elections, but I would say Virginia flipped on the national level at some point in 2006 or 2007 and has been moving further into the Democratic column ever since. Virginia is at least as Democratic as Pennsylvania is and by 2016, could be on par with Wisconsin or Michigan.

The logic of your comments put into picture form below!

Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2012, 08:41:25 PM »

It's oh- VA!
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2012, 02:29:44 PM »

Database entry: https://uselectionatlas.org/POLLS/PRESIDENT/2012/polls.php?action=indpoll&id=5120120502145
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2012, 10:46:41 PM »
« Edited: May 13, 2012, 10:52:55 PM by Governor Napoleon »

Please admit this post is a joke before I deliver any ridicule.

First of all, American politics is divided through culture, not class. The far-left needs to understand this will not be changing.

Second point, the wealth is Northern Virginia is a product of high-paying government jobs. As the federal government grows, so will the number of government workers in NoVA. Government workers are not inclined to vote Republican, for reasons that should be fairly obvious.

Lastly, much of the swing in NoVA can be attributed to a fast-growing Hispanic population that is also increasingly Democratic, as we see with Hispanics elsewhere. Factor in increased black turn-out and you have a Democratic trend.

Fortunately for Democrats, the party you and Snowstalker and others envision is a fairy tale.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2012, 02:37:01 AM »

Please admit this post is a joke before I deliver any ridicule.

First of all, American politics is divided through culture, not class. The far-left needs to understand this will not be changing.

Second point, the wealth is Northern Virginia is a product of high-paying government jobs. As the federal government grows, so will the number of government workers in NoVA. Government workers are not inclined to vote Republican, for reasons that should be fairly obvious.

Lastly, much of the swing in NoVA can be attributed to a fast-growing Hispanic population that is also increasingly Democratic, as we see with Hispanics elsewhere. Factor in increased black turn-out and you have a Democratic trend.

Fortunately for Democrats, the party you and Snowstalker and others envision is a fairy tale.
I am posting on a 2012 board... But the party will be what me and Snowy envision in 5 to 10 years once the majority of Democratic voters are minority. Hopefully establishment is overthrown at the same time.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2012, 03:54:02 PM »

Well to be fair, only counties that are like that are Prince William, Loudon, and a few parts of Fairfax. Maybe some of the Richmond exurbs also, but no more than many other states.
Modernity has failed us
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2012, 03:55:55 PM »

Mitt will win VA.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2012, 05:38:00 PM »
« Edited: May 15, 2012, 05:42:17 PM by Kevin »

Most likely,

The Democratic trend of VA is vastly overstated(I live here and my home county is crucial one that flipped for Obama in 2008). The D tilt of the state has been halted since 2009.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies