Washington Post: Obama Leads Romney By 7% in VA (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:47:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  Washington Post: Obama Leads Romney By 7% in VA (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Washington Post: Obama Leads Romney By 7% in VA  (Read 4554 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« on: May 04, 2012, 03:01:42 AM »
« edited: May 04, 2012, 03:06:09 AM by Mittosis »

Definitely not a blue state yet, but is moving into the Democratic column quite rapidly. VA may be the fastest-changing state in terms of long-term voting trends at this moment, despite conflicting election outcomes between 2008 and 2010.

Virginia is fastly becoming solidly Democratic and based on some data-sets I ran a couple of weeks ago, may be the fastest-swinging state trending Democratic in the nation. It may not even be a "swing state" in 2012. Florida seems to be a perpetual swing state based on the influx of a wide array of demographics that keep it fairly evenly divided.

I've been saying for some time now that Virginia is the quickest shifting state in the country at this point. There's obviously going to be some instances of "two steps forward, one step back" when it comes to mid-terms versus presidential elections and local/state elections versus national elections, but I would say Virginia flipped on the national level at some point in 2006 or 2007 and has been moving further into the Democratic column ever since. Virginia is at least as Democratic as Pennsylvania is and by 2016, could be on par with Wisconsin or Michigan.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies