Batsh*t comment from a Facebook friend of mine regarding gay marriage
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 12:28:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Batsh*t comment from a Facebook friend of mine regarding gay marriage
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Batsh*t comment from a Facebook friend of mine regarding gay marriage  (Read 517 times)
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 06, 2012, 07:25:03 PM »

The comment:

"Gays cannot have the word marriage in order to adopt a child.
It wouldn't matter. Catholics are not going to adopt out children to a gay couple whether they are so called "gaymarried " or not. The thing is marriage is marriage. We need to work on laws to allow gays to adopt if they have gone through the civil obligations to take care of the future and combine their lives. There is already nothing preventing them from legally binding their lives. If adoption is the so called fake problem they are claiming then they could privately adopt, artificially inseminate or adopt in a different country. There are ways around all of these fake excuses to take over a word and a culture.
As to the violence I can attest to that however it happens whether they are married or not and it is criminal, newsflash those things happen in gay relationships too. Humans are human after all and some are just plain trash no matter the gender or sexual orientation.
Think about it...
How many animals can you name in nature that naturally have sex with the same gender?
Can you name one?
It is against nature and it is unNatural...something is off and something is wrong. I don't condemn it and I have gay friends/acquaintances and I have no problem with them adopting children or finding a woman to have their children or whatever but the left is trying to teach you, and let me add you are learning very well that if a man wants to pork you then go for it, perfectly natural...It isn't, it's against the laws of nature and as animals we should recognize it as such. We are only animals after all.
What you call a knee jerk reactionary response is about people who have lived many more years than you who have experiences that taught them what to expect out of certain people and reactions and situations and how they change "over time" which you haven't had much of, it is far from a knee jerk reactionary response. It is a response to how far our culture and the fabric of our society has broken and the sanctity of marriage is under attack from all you mentioned and all you defend."

Your thoughts?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 07:30:12 PM »

How many animals can you name in nature that naturally have sex with the same gender?
Can you name one?

It's pretty common in our closest relatives, the bonobos.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 07:45:39 PM »

Can you name one?

It's pretty common in our closest relatives, the bonobos.

I sent her this link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animals_displaying_homosexual_behavior

and she told me it was still unnatural.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 09:23:14 PM »

Unfriend.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 08:39:16 AM »

She contradicted herself multiple times. She literally said she is against gay marriage, and gay adoption. But she thinks it's okay for gays to adopt if they get married.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 10:59:53 AM »

All that's missing is writing every word in caps.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 04:00:52 AM »

You don't have to be married to adopt, so the notion that gay people want to marry so they can adopt makes no sense whatsoever. Her rant is pretty much one long example of critical logic failure.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2012, 05:17:50 AM »

You don't have to be married to adopt, so the notion that gay people want to marry so they can adopt makes no sense whatsoever. Her rant is pretty much one long example of critical logic failure.

And she's a Randite, too.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies