lefties: figuring out how conservatives think the way they are (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:42:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  lefties: figuring out how conservatives think the way they are (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: lefties: figuring out how conservatives think the way they are  (Read 2439 times)
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: May 06, 2012, 03:51:16 PM »

i think the paleo critique of the modern western state as 'anarcho tyranny' probably best sums up where many of us are coming from. that is that the state now aggressively (and unnecessarily) attempts to socially engineer society. it harasses and controls ordinary people at virtually all levels.  income tax, environmental regulations, hiring regulations, zoning regulations, monetary laws, car regulations, the tsa, the irs, the the cps, gun regulations, speech codes, i could go on and on. the level of control on the average american is truly staggering.

yet the state obviously fails at its most basic duties. this is part of why i and others feel so enraged by the illegal immigration issue in particular even if we can not necessarily articulate why this is. that is, if the state can not keep intruders out what exactly are we paying them for? if detroit and bridgeport and who knows how many other portions of our cities can not be patrolled reliably by police, can not be walked through by the average person what is the point? but to dispense with the state at this point is to destroy ones self, individually and collectively. so modern 'conservatism' or 'libertarianism' is a toothless and incoherent thing.

liberals look at the last 30-50 years and see progress. i see a growing underclass subsidized by us. it is one that arguably exists almost solely for the benefit of the special interests.. the welfare bureaucrats, the private prisons profiting from human misery, the money changers and parasites at jp morgan (food stamps). i see endemic levels of alienation and depression that were unheard of even a decade ago. i see deeply unhealthy feelings of civilizational angst, of "white guilt." i see the old majority culture being supplanted and altered by foreign peoples, who actually do have some sense of pride (good for them). i see 23% of pregnancies ending in abortion, 41% in our largest city. i see the ruthless deconstruction of the most basic facets of our identity by so-called experts. i see the nauseating spectacle of reality tv and pop whores and the trash culture. i see children with rotting teeth, with plump stomachs and ritalin addled minds. i see young women and elderly degraded at the airports.

i have to be honest and say i look forward to absolutely nothing now. the future can only get and only ever gets worse. if things have deteriorated so visibly by my early 20s i am not sure i want to be around for my early 40s. i am not sure what direction we could take to sweep our culture clean. but it has to be because i don't see how this can possibly continue. it is pure insanity.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 06:09:04 AM »

Because to be honest, leftists need constituents.
obviously.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

>jews
>white

i don't think so. thats like calling russians 'european.' it might technically be true, but not really. they are really their own people and tend to think of themselves as such.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies