Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 02, 2014, 01:57:53 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  2012 Elections (Moderators: Mr. Morden, Bacon King, Sheriff Buford TX Justice)
| | |-+  Will Barack Obama win Utah?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Will Barack Obama win Utah?  (Read 953 times)
mondale84
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
View Profile
« on: May 04, 2012, 04:29:03 pm »
Ignore

Will he? I mean the latest poll (http://publicpolicypolling.typepad.com/pdf/2011/PPP_Release_UT_07141205.pdf) shows Obama only 32 points behind Romney and if Romney is discovered to be a polygamist who eats babies (anything is possible in the next six months) then I could see Obama being seriously competitive in Utah and maybe even winning. Again, anything is possible with global warming.

Let me know your thoughts...

"There are no men like me. There's only me."
oakvale
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 04:31:18 pm »
Ignore

It depends. If the US economy suddenly starts creating two million jobs a month and Romney's involved in fifty different scandals, this is quite reasonable.

I will look forward to bumping this when Obama wins Utah.

Do not touch the bat or open the door. If there are any openings to the room containing the animal, seal them. Bats can collapse their skeletons to slip through a hole as small as the head of a pencil.
King
intermoderate
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 04:35:43 pm »
Ignore

He was only down 2 points to Palin in a poll last year.

I can do spaghetti after recalling the steps.
I just had Braum's on Sunday, so I'm good for a while.  Tonight, I had Burger King.
They call me PR
Progressive Realist
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 04:36:58 pm »
Ignore

So I just found out that Paul McCartney died in 1966.

Like the OP said, anything is possible.
So rightwing that I broke the Political Compass!
Rockingham
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 04:39:32 pm »
Ignore

The lead margin for Romney over Obama in Utah is 40%. Obama's lead margin in Massachusetts is only 10%.

Your attempt to mock me falls flat if you look at those numbers. A 5% increase in Romney's vote is very plausible, whereas a 20% increase for Obama would be entirely unprecedented.
oakvale
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of
Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 04:41:40 pm »
Ignore

The lead margin for Romney over Obama in Utah is 40%. Obama's lead margin in Massachusetts is only 10%.

Your attempt to mock me falls flat if you look at those numbers. A 5% increase in Romney's vote is very plausible, whereas a 20% increase for Obama would be entirely unprecedented.

Obama won Massachussets by 25 points. Ignore Scott Rasmussen's trolling and YouGov, which is a really terrible poster (don't they do online polls? lol).

Romney will probably do a little better than McCain. He might lose by 20 or 18 or whatever instead of 25. That would be about a five point increase, sure. Smiley

Do not touch the bat or open the door. If there are any openings to the room containing the animal, seal them. Bats can collapse their skeletons to slip through a hole as small as the head of a pencil.
mondale84
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2012, 04:43:16 pm »
Ignore

Why? Barack Obama could turn into the new messiah over the course of the next six months and the entire Mormon clan could end up singing kumbaya in a circle with him. Again, anything is possible. Also, that poll is a year old, I am sure Utahans have warmed up to the new messiah since.

"There are no men like me. There's only me."
Rockingham
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2012, 04:45:56 pm »
Ignore

Obama won Massachussets by 25 points. Ignore Scott Rasmussen's trolling and YouGov, which is a really terrible poster (don't they do online polls? lol).

Romney will probably do a little better than McCain. He might lose by 20 or 18 or whatever instead of 25. That would be about a five point increase, sure. Smiley
But theirs also various PPP polls. They're all over the place though... some backing me up, some contradicting me. And theirs a Suffolk University poll.
oakvale
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of
Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2012, 04:47:38 pm »
Ignore

Oh, by the way, even ignoring polling (which you yourself suggested doing in that thread based on the fact that Indiana wasn't considered a swing state early on), there's no logical reason that Romney would win or even come reasonably close in MA. None.

Rockingham
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2012, 04:48:38 pm »
Ignore

Why? Barack Obama could turn into the new messiah over the course of the next six months and the entire Mormon clan could end up singing kumbaya in a circle with him. Again, anything is possible. Also, that poll is a year old, I am sure Utahans have warmed up to the new messiah since.
Thread creator, you respond to my maths with mockery. Maths>Mockery.
Rockingham
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2012, 04:49:47 pm »
Ignore

Oh, by the way, even ignoring polling (which you yourself suggested doing in that thread based on the fact that Indiana wasn't considered a swing state early on), there's no logical reason that Romney would win or even come reasonably close in MA. None.
That's an assertion, not an argument. Back it up with some facts or figures.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.52, S: -8.00

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2012, 04:50:24 pm »
Ignore

Romney 54-45
oakvale
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of
Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2012, 04:51:01 pm »
Ignore

This is coming from a poster who's confidently predicting a second Great Depression within the next couple of months? Uhuh.

e: Serious question - do you think Obama can win Texas? He's "only" trailing by 7 there, after all. Roll Eyes

Rockingham
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2012, 04:59:38 pm »
Ignore

This is coming from a poster who's confidently predicting a second Great Depression within the next couple of months? Uhuh.
No, I've said either 2012 or 2013. I'll eat my own cock if it hasn't happened come the end of 2013.

e: Serious question - do you think Obama can win Texas? He's "only" trailing by 7 there, after all. Roll Eyes
I can't see a plausible catalyst for that, it would have to be some out of the blue scandal. However, Texas is clearly trending Dem... either 2020 or 2024 will mark the tipping year, I'd say.

He could of probably won it in 2008 if the GFC had started at the end of 2007 rather then the end of 2008.
oakvale
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of
Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2012, 05:01:10 pm »
Ignore

No, I've said either 2012 or 2013. I'll eat my own cock if it hasn't happened come the end of 2013.

Can we hold you to that?

Landslide Lyndon
px75
YaBB God
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -5.22

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2012, 05:04:18 pm »
Ignore

What a dumb question.

Of course he will.

Bob Findley: "You're a real dyed-in-the-wool son-of-a-bitch. Anyone ever told you that?"
Steve Everett: "Just close friends and family,"

Clint Eastwood's "True Crime", 1999.
Rockingham
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2012, 05:04:35 pm »
Ignore

Can we hold you to that?
Most certainly. Everything is alligned for it... the European situation, the Chinese bubble poised to burst, Middle Eastern instability, crazy teabaggers controlling the house of representatives, increasing social friction....
Trueconservative

Political Matrix
E: 4.26, S: 5.91

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2012, 05:17:34 pm »
Ignore

Obama will not win Utah. I'll bet my life and a million more lives on it.

Give a Liberal a fish and you feed him for a day, teach a Liberal to fish and he'll want more free fish!
Markus Brandenburg
Old Europe
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2012, 05:19:41 pm »
Ignore

If Obama converts to Mormonism he almost certainly will. Downside is he'll probably lose Massachusetts then.
Rockingham
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2012, 05:22:46 pm »
Ignore

If Obama converts to Mormonism he almost certainly will. Downside is he'll probably lose Massachusetts then.
Off topic, but has their ever been a president(or head of state anywhere) that converted whilst holding power?
True Federalist
Ernest
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2012, 05:32:06 pm »
Ignore

It depends. If the US economy suddenly starts creating two million jobs a month and Romney's involved in fifty different scandals, this is quite reasonable.

I will look forward to bumping this when Obama wins Utah.

Nah.  If that happens, Johnson or Roemer will take the state.

I wonder why Van Heusen never bothered to make women's clothing?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.52, S: -8.00

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2012, 05:58:28 pm »
Ignore

Obama will not win Utah. I'll bet my life and a million more lives on it.

welcome to the Forum!
shua
YaBB God
Russian Federation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2012, 06:25:46 pm »
Ignore

No. Rocky Anderson is from there, and Romney is a Mormon. Obama will come in third.

NVGonzalez
antwnzrr
YaBB God
Mexico

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2012, 06:50:14 pm »
Ignore

What a dumb question.

Of course he will.

Bernie would probably win Vermont if Obama were deemed to have more than 272 evs in the vag.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2012, 07:11:20 pm »
Ignore

He won't win Utah, that's the most Republican state in the Union. Those Mormons are riled up for Romney much like how African Americans are to Obama.

"Weezy F Baby and the F is for Phenomenal" - Lil' Wayne

"Look at this photograph/Every time I do it makes me laugh/How did our eyes get so red?/And what the hell is on Joey's head?" - Nickelback
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout