A Proclamation honoring 4 forum citizens
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:33:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  A Proclamation honoring 4 forum citizens
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: A Proclamation honoring 4 forum citizens  (Read 1478 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2005, 10:28:31 AM »

Er...I'm not sure that that would change anything.

New registrations of "Democrat" or "Republican" wouldn't county any more, and people registering as such would have to check out all the parties.
Sure they would.
Party registration is not required by law, it's just a precedent everybody keeps following.
Only username and home state are required.
Which gives me an idea:
Repeal "organized party" status - we never really filled it with meaning anyways.
Have the SOFA stop publishing people's party affiliation.
Party membership to be created (for future registerers) by joining at party forums or the like.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2005, 05:42:38 PM »

New registrations of "Democrat" or "Republican" wouldn't county any more, and people registering as such would have to check out all the parties.

So basically, they'd register as "Democrat."  Someone in the Democratic party would tell them "You have to register as Atlas Forum Democrat, not just Democrat."  Then they'd re-register as "Atlas Forum Democrat."  This would all happen within a day.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2005, 05:59:50 PM »

So basically, they'd register as "Democrat."  Someone in the Democratic party would tell them "You have to register as Atlas Forum Democrat, not just Democrat."  Then they'd re-register as "Atlas Forum Democrat."  This would all happen within a day.

Point is at least they'd know that the party system is different here. You can't stop people joining the AFDNC just because you hate it.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2005, 06:07:25 PM »
« Edited: January 16, 2005, 06:25:20 PM by AFCJ KEmperor »

Point is at least they'd know that the party system is different here. You can't stop people joining the AFDNC just because you hate it.

I want to stop people joining the Democratic party if the sole reason is that they are Democrats in real life, without considering the other parties that might more more appropriate for them.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2005, 07:22:10 PM »

I'd have to agree with KEmperor on this one.  They're not going to bother checking out all of the parties unless the response they receive is, "There is no Democratic Party; see this thread (which would be a link to the READ FIRST topic) for information on what parties we have."  Naming us the "Atlas Democrats" is not going to make people think "oh, they're not the Democrats, I'd better look at the other parties before registering."
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies