Snowstalker for President
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:48:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Snowstalker for President
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Snowstalker for President  (Read 1142 times)
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 04, 2012, 10:25:03 PM »
« edited: May 04, 2012, 10:34:46 PM by Snowstalker »

My fellow Atlasians,

I made an early decision to run some weeks ago, and quickly exited the race. This, I now understand, was a mistake. Atlasia needs a candidate who will fight for the middle class, who will fight for the laid-off factory worker and not the CEO with sweatshops in China. We need a candidate who will address the core problems facing our nation. We are only as prosperous as our poorest citizens. When a developed nation stays silent about human beings who are fighting for their lives each day, it is a true blight on society.

No candidate has the solutions to solve the economy. As Europe is learning, austerity is not the answer. When the people are in pain, the last thing they need is cuts to programs they need in the interest of lowering a deficit. We need to make sure that Atlasia will never face a recession of this scale again. As President, I will push the Senate to not only pass game reform, but to push for economic recovery in the Keynesian method. I will oppose any cuts to the infrastructure that helps the people to survive, most especially not to the health care system. My full platform and my vice-presidential selection will be outlined over the coming days and weeks.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 10:25:56 PM »

MOAR PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES O__O
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 10:51:25 PM »

I have done more to improve this country's infrastructure than any candidate in the race and have been the best ally for workers as both Senator and Governor. My friend, I do not think your comments are in line with the reality of the situation.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 10:53:01 PM »

Again?
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 10:59:22 PM »

I am indeed the Gary Hart of Atlasia 2012.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 10:59:29 PM »

Welcome back-
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2012, 11:24:25 PM »

I'll be first to endorse you.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2012, 11:34:54 PM »

Thank you, Senator.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2012, 10:28:33 AM »
« Edited: May 05, 2012, 03:56:57 PM by Snowstalker »

5/5:
Stump Speech in Pittsburgh, PA

I always wanted to pick a vice-presidential candidate with executive experience. Instead of a flamboyant figure, I wanted someone of a more quiet nature, someone who could be a vice president and have enough experience to step in and finish the job if I were to unexpectedly leave office.

I found hawkeye59. Long-time Governor of the Midwest, he has a quiet but strong legislative record, and is a proud member of the Labor party. Due to the duties of the Prime Verin in the Midwest, he also has experience in presiding over a legislative body.

I also hereby announce my intent to seek the nomination of the Labor Party.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2012, 10:33:46 AM »

Great pick, Snowy Smiley
hawkeye59
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2012, 07:26:16 PM »

VP SPEECH
Atlasia is at one of its most troubled times in its great history. Political participation is at the lowest levels since the first few years. Game reform is vital to Atlasia's survival. But lack of participation is not the only problem facing Atlasia today.

Our economy is not in good shape. We need to implement policies that will jumpstart the economy. Our infrastructure is in shambles. We need to rebuild. Income inequality has never been higher. We need to lower it. Our education system is in total disrepair. We need to fix it. I mean, if we can't afford to educate our nation, how can we give them jobs?

Yes, this may be hard to fix. But that doesn't mean we should just give up, does it? In 1862, when the Confederates were winning battle after battle, did the Union give up? No, we will fight for this great country, and we will fight to make it better.

The candidate who will fight to make Atlasia better, to rescue the economy, to fix our education system, and to implement game reform is Snowstalker. That is why I agreed to be his VP. He will rescue Atlasia from the depths of destruction.

I want to close with a quote from Hubert Humphrey that I found particularly appropriate. In 1977, he said that the moral test of Government is how that government treats those who are in the dawn of life, the children; those who are in the twilight of life, the elderly; and those who are in the shadows of life, the sick, the needy and the handicapped. If Snowstalker and I are elected, we will pass that moral test, and we will preserve Atlasia's greatness.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2012, 08:45:58 PM »

My fellow Atlasians,

It pains me to say that I am withdrawing my campaign for president once again. I'd love to run, and I'd love to be president. But now is not the time. With several candidates competing for the support of the left, we make it easy for a conservative candidate to crush us all. Though I may run in a future election, I will for now exit the race. I would like to thank my vice-presidential nominee, Governor hawkeye, and all my supporters. I ask my supporters to preference either Governor Napoleon or Senator Oakvale first. Though I ran because of my disagreements with both their platforms, we agree on much more than we do not. Both would make fine presidents, and both are friends of mine.

Thank you.

Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2012, 10:03:41 PM »

Snowstalker, I have always considered you among my forum friends and this has not changed. I look forward to seeing you rebuild your reputation here, and am here to help as always, because you have a lot of talent. While I am certain you've endured a lot through this rough patch, you have a lot to bring to the table in this game, andespecially in the region you once served as Governor of.

Best of luck in your future endeavors,
Governor Napoleon
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2012, 10:33:23 PM »

Sorry to see you go, Governor - hopefully you'll run for the Presidency again some day in less trying circumstances.

Thanks for the kind words, too, and rest assure that Cinci and I believe the pony issue should be settled by the regions. Tongue
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies