Does anyone watch NBA Basketball?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 11:08:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Does anyone watch NBA Basketball?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: Does anyone watch NBA Basketball?  (Read 7915 times)
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: June 06, 2012, 11:35:26 PM »

Should've been the Sonics. Sad
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #101 on: June 06, 2012, 11:40:33 PM »

Woulda, coulda, shoulda!!!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #102 on: June 06, 2012, 11:43:14 PM »

Me.

Like the Thunder, glad they won. I thought the roof was going to burst in there, it was so loud!

Celtics are my favorites after the Pacers. Hope they win it all.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #103 on: June 06, 2012, 11:47:36 PM »

Me.

Like the Thunder, glad they won. I thought the roof was going to burst in there, it was so loud!

It's going to be a hard-fought battle whoever we face, Celtics or Heat.  I personally think we can beat the Celtics a little easier, but I would like the Heat so we can have the story line - "Who will get their first ring? LeBron James or Kevin Durant?"
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #104 on: June 07, 2012, 11:35:38 AM »

Me.

It's going to be a hard-fought battle whoever we face, Celtics or Heat.  I personally think we can beat the Celtics a little easier, but I would like the Heat so we can have the story line - "Who will get their first ring? LeBron James or Kevin Durant?"

Celtics > Thunder > Spurs > Heat

(That's not my prediction, just my order of preference.)

I think the Thunder will win the Finals no matter who they end up facing.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #105 on: June 07, 2012, 11:54:32 AM »

Me.

The Celtics will give the Thunder the better series.  The Heat will get walked all over and has a potential to be done in 4 or 5 games.  The Celtics will go at least 6.

Of course, the NBA Finals are a bit different than the previous 3 rounds in that the Thunder will still have Games 1-2 at home, but the East will have Games 3-5 at home before the series returns to Oklahoma City for Games 6-7.

The Finals begin Tuesday, 12 June 2012 at 20:00 CDT on ABC.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #106 on: June 07, 2012, 12:07:56 PM »

Me.

The Celtics will give the Thunder the better series.  The Heat will get walked all over and has a potential to be done in 4 or 5 games.  The Celtics will go at least 6.

Of course, the NBA Finals are a bit different than the previous 3 rounds in that the Thunder will still have Games 1-2 at home, but the East will have Games 3-5 at home before the series returns to Oklahoma City for Games 6-7.

'20:00'? Quite unusual from you!

So who do you think has the better Eastern team? I remember you saying a few posts back that you think the Thunder can beat the Celtics easier.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #107 on: June 07, 2012, 12:12:09 PM »

Me.

'20:00'? Quite unusual from you!

So who do you think has the better Eastern team? I remember you saying a few posts back that you think the Thunder can beat the Celtics easier.

Since I've returned from Kenya and since my heart is still there, I've been using world time quite often.

I did say that, but then I've been thinking back to how the Heat seem a little lackluster in their series with the Celtics.  They haven't acted like a championship team.  Plus, Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, and Rajon Rondo are still better than LeBron James, DeWayen Wade, and Chris Bosh.  However, I think Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, and James Harden are better than either set of the East Big 3.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #108 on: June 07, 2012, 12:15:19 PM »

I agree with that. On the one hand, the Heat are the better team on paper (compared to Boston) once the Finals set in. But on the other hand, they seem to be in trouble already, while the Celtics seem to be taking control.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #109 on: June 07, 2012, 12:22:24 PM »

The Heat are so banged up right now that I have a funny feeling they would be swept if they had to face the juggernaut that is Oklahoma City.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #110 on: June 08, 2012, 12:36:22 AM »

The fact that LeBron James scored 45 points tonight, and Bosh is coming back to play is a promising sign for the Heat.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #111 on: June 08, 2012, 07:53:47 AM »

That's for sure, it will be a good game tomorrow night in Miami.  The way, it's looking now with Chris Bosh coming back is that Miami could give Oklahoma City the tougher series.  We shall see.  Oklahoma City should be the favorite against either team, and all we have to do is take care of business on our home floor, because we'll have home court advantage no matter what.  However, Oklahoma City will have to bring their best game all 48 minutes of each game against either Kevin Garnett or LeBron James.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #112 on: June 08, 2012, 10:36:28 AM »
« Edited: June 08, 2012, 10:41:37 AM by BaldEagle1991 »

I guess I found his big secret to his success, he reads Hunger Games books. LMAO.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #113 on: June 08, 2012, 11:42:08 AM »

Damn it. I suppose it's going to be a Thunder/Heat Finals after all.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #114 on: June 08, 2012, 12:16:40 PM »

Damn it. I suppose it's going to be a Thunder/Heat Finals after all.

Its looking increasingly likely, but Boston can win on Miami's floor.  See Game 5.  However, this is Game 7...
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #115 on: June 08, 2012, 12:27:09 PM »

As long as LeBron never wins a championship in a Miami Heat uniform I'll be good.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #116 on: June 08, 2012, 08:23:22 PM »

As long as LeBron never wins a championship in a Miami Heat uniform I'll be good.

I totally agree!  Boston will have the first opportunity to deny him in 2012, and if they fail, Oklahoma City will get their shot!  I still think it would be a great storyline if Miami wins tomorrow night of "Who will get their first ring? LeBron James or Kevin Durant."
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #117 on: June 09, 2012, 05:15:03 AM »

I don't dislike LeBron but the NBA narrative is much better so long as he doesn't have a championship, so I'm obliged to root for others.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #118 on: June 09, 2012, 03:10:26 PM »

The only reason why I think you don't want LeBron to have a ring is so all of those jokes about him not having a ring will no longer be funny.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #119 on: June 09, 2012, 03:52:16 PM »
« Edited: June 09, 2012, 03:54:08 PM by King »

The only reason why I think you don't want LeBron to have a ring is so all of those jokes about him not having a ring will no longer be funny.

No, it goes more along how distasteful and immature his "decision" and move to Miami was.  He doesn't deserve one right now.  After his contract ends and he signs elsewhere in his 30s, he'll have my support again.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #120 on: June 09, 2012, 09:11:07 PM »

No, it goes more along how distasteful and immature his "decision" and move to Miami was.  He doesn't deserve one right now.  After his contract ends and he signs elsewhere in his 30s, he'll have my support again.

I find arguments like this to be absurd.  athletes changing teams isn't generals changing countries or even Arlen Specter changing parties.  I know that the hole in the analogy is that LeBron's choice was nonbinary... though we see him only as an athlete, he is also a human being, complicated as the rest of us, and I don't see it fit to comment on his choice of employer using morally loaded terms like 'immature' and 'distasteful'.

the ESPN shindig is a slightly different deal, but in the long run not at all important, even adjusted for weighing on the scale of always-unimportant sports.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #121 on: June 09, 2012, 10:17:31 PM »

It's an Oklahoma City-Miami final.
Modernity has failed us
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #122 on: June 09, 2012, 11:01:36 PM »

Sad
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #123 on: June 21, 2012, 11:50:55 PM »

Congratulations Heat!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #124 on: June 22, 2012, 01:17:54 AM »

Let me be the second (on this forum!) to congratulate LeBron James and the Miami Heat!  The Thunder put up a heck of a season for only our 4th season in existence (I don't consider the Seattle SuperSonics and the Oklahoma City Thunder to be the same franchise).  Kevin Durant just happened to play for two different franchises, IMO.  LeBron and DeWayne wanted this more than we did and our youth and inexperience showed throughout this series, really starting with Game 6 against San Antonio with the poor start.  Now, Oklahoma City can look back on the 2011-2012 season with pride and be excited about what lay ahead in the upcoming 2012-2013 season which is just 3 months away with training camp.

Until then?  I have two phrases I must say - "RIDE RANGERS RIDE" (referring to my alma mater - Northwestern Oklahoma State University) and "BOOMER SOONER" (referring to the Oklahoma Sooners).  That's right, I'm ready for football season!!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies