Does anyone watch NBA Basketball?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:10:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Does anyone watch NBA Basketball?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Author Topic: Does anyone watch NBA Basketball?  (Read 7887 times)
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2012, 12:14:50 PM »

Thunder in 6.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2012, 01:57:11 PM »
« Edited: May 14, 2012, 02:05:43 PM by True Conservative »

I think the Lakers will beat the Thunder in 7 games.

If they had to go the full 7 games against Denver, they have no shot against the Thunder. (The Thunder, on the other hand, swept their first round series.) I'm going with OKC, 4 games to 2.

Let's go Thunder and beat LA!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2012, 10:43:54 PM »

If they had to go the full 7 games against Denver, they have no shot against the Thunder. (The Thunder, on the other hand, swept their first round series.) I'm going with OKC, 4 games to 2.

I know it's just 1 game, but you can definitely tell the Lakers are tired.  They are down by 28 at the start of the 4th quarter.

If OKC can keep this momentum, a sweep is not out of the question.  Still unlikely, but not impossible.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2012, 11:09:55 PM »

WOW, Lakers...wow
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2012, 11:19:26 PM »

They got thoroughly dominated by a superior team.  I seriously think the Lakers were just extremely exhausted as they had to spend a lot of energy trying to dispatch the Denver Nuggets in 7 games.  The Thunder had 9 days to rest.  The Lakers better play a lot better than this if they want to have a chance to take this past game 4 or 5 let alone winning the series.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2012, 05:20:49 AM »

Celtics dropped game 2 and the Devils dropped game 1...jesus.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2012, 12:05:29 PM »
« Edited: May 15, 2012, 12:11:44 PM by True Conservative »

I know it's just 1 game, but you can definitely tell the Lakers are tired.  They are down by 28 at the start of the 4th quarter.

If OKC can keep this momentum, a sweep is not out of the question.  Still unlikely, but not impossible.

That's definitely possible. It's not without precedent either, I believe that in Round 2 last year the Lakers got swept by the (eventual champion) Mavericks despite having home court.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2012, 07:24:52 PM »

It's obvious OKC is a better team. They should win. The Clippers game should be interesting but I think the Spurs should win that as well.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2012, 07:42:31 PM »

Spurs over Clippers in 6
Thunder over Lakers in 6

Celtics over 76ers in 7
Heat over Pacers in 5

Thunder over Spurs in 7
Heat over Celtics in 6

Thunder over Heat in 7
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2012, 07:48:14 PM »

Spurs over Clippers in 6
Thunder over Lakers in 6

Celtics over 76ers in 7
Heat over Pacers in 5

Thunder over Spurs in 7
Heat over Celtics in 6

Thunder over Heat in 7

Sounds like a good outcome!
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2012, 07:49:18 PM »

As a Celtics fan, seeing the Heat lose for the second year in a row would put a big ole smile on my face Smiley
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2012, 11:05:31 PM »

As a Celtics fan, seeing the Heat lose for the second year in a row would put a big ole smile on my face Smiley

Heat must win.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2012, 06:27:26 AM »

Trying not to get ahead of myself, but I think Oklahoma City may want to pack some brooms for the trip to Los Angeles!  I'm smelling a possible sweep!!
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: May 17, 2012, 07:57:23 AM »

Celtics won again last night Cheesy
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #64 on: May 17, 2012, 09:40:02 AM »

Trying not to get ahead of myself, but I think Oklahoma City may want to pack some brooms for the trip to Los Angeles!  I'm smelling a possible sweep!!

Absolutely! Your boys are looking scary good. Best of luck with the behemoth San Antonio though. They seem like they're really on a roll this year.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: May 18, 2012, 05:10:46 AM »

LOLHEAT
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2012, 09:37:59 AM »

Absolutely! Your boys are looking scary good. Best of luck with the behemoth San Antonio though. They seem like they're really on a roll this year.

To be perfectly honest, I would rather face San Antonio than the Clippers strange as that sounds.  San Antonio will fall into the same trap that Dallas and the Lakers have fallen into against Oklahoma City.  Their age.  They will be a tough out for sure and they will have home court advantage, but all we have to do is take one game in San Antonio and sweep at home, and we're fine.  If we can win one of the first two games in San Antonio, we will steal home courat advantage.  The Clippers seem to have had our number this year.  They know how to beat Oklahoma City, so I would rather face San Antonio, a team I know we can beat.  The Western Conference Finals will likely go 7 games.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: May 20, 2012, 12:20:46 AM »

Did anybody watch the Thunder vs. Lakers Game 4?  The Thunder was down by 7+ most of the game from early in the 2nd until late in the 4th.  We should have been down by 15-20, but the Thunder kept their poise and never panicked and hung around and made a pretty good run to close the game out putting the Lakers on the brink of elimination Monday night in Oklahoma City Game 5!
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #68 on: May 20, 2012, 03:59:12 AM »

I did watch it, at a lakers bar. OKC sucks lol.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #69 on: May 20, 2012, 02:44:57 PM »

If the heat lose today I'm going to squeal like a little school girl.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #70 on: May 20, 2012, 02:47:52 PM »

To be perfectly honest, I would rather face San Antonio than the Clippers strange as that sounds.  San Antonio will fall into the same trap that Dallas and the Lakers have fallen into against Oklahoma City.  Their age.  They will be a tough out for sure and they will have home court advantage, but all we have to do is take one game in San Antonio and sweep at home, and we're fine.  If we can win one of the first two games in San Antonio, we will steal home courat advantage.  The Clippers seem to have had our number this year.  They know how to beat Oklahoma City, so I would rather face San Antonio, a team I know we can beat.  The Western Conference Finals will likely go 7 games.

The clippers are a mess. They don't have a real coach, CP3 is injured and the rest of the team is undisciplined. OKC would walk all over them. The Spurs are red hot and Duncan wants his 5th ring. Popivich is the best coach in basketball so if I were you I'd not want to play them. It'll be a great western conference finals regardless, and the winner will likely win the whole thing.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: May 21, 2012, 05:56:03 PM »

The clippers are a mess. They don't have a real coach, CP3 is injured and the rest of the team is undisciplined. OKC would walk all over them. The Spurs are red hot and Duncan wants his 5th ring. Popivich is the best coach in basketball so if I were you I'd not want to play them. It'll be a great western conference finals regardless, and the winner will likely win the whole thing.

I still think Oklahoma City has a really good chance against San Antonio.  It is likely to go a full 7 games.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #72 on: May 22, 2012, 02:00:49 AM »

Dang OKC eliminated the Lakers. I guess this is a sign that Kobe Bryant is aging and might retire soon.

I can see an SA 4-1 over OKC.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #73 on: May 22, 2012, 09:17:13 AM »

Dang OKC eliminated the Lakers. I guess this is a sign that Kobe Bryant is aging and might retire soon.

I can see an SA 4-1 over OKC.

Nah, it's going to go 7 games.  Both teams are so evenly matched.  Remember, OKC led the West until mid-April when San Antonio got hot.  I could very easily see either team winning this, but not until Game 7 on Friday, 8 June 2012.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #74 on: May 22, 2012, 03:44:54 PM »

Finally Oklahoma City beat the Lakers! And sooner than I thought.

I don't know how the West finals will go, but it will go the full seven games.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies