Is Anybody There? Does Anybody Care?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:34:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Is Anybody There? Does Anybody Care?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is Anybody There? Does Anybody Care?  (Read 1519 times)
hawkeye59
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 05, 2012, 07:31:34 PM »

So far, nobody has voted for Midwest Prime or Deputy Prime Verin. We NEED votes. And nobody has proposed a bill for 2 months. WE NEED SOME ACTIVITY. Also, I am announcing that I am NOT seeking re-election as Midwest Prime Verin.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 07:38:18 PM »

Time for the Midwest to dissolve and have the states merge with the Pacific or Mideast.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 08:05:34 PM »

So hypothetically, I could move to the Midwest and declare myself Prime Verin?
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 08:28:58 PM »

And then be bored out of your mind, like Hawkeye here.  Stay with the Dark Side, we have cookies!

Time for the Midwest to dissolve and have the states merge with the Pacific or Mideast.
A Midwest-Pacific merger would make sense, considering they are both low-population and low-activity regions.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012, 08:35:14 PM »

And then be bored out of your mind, like Hawkeye here.  Stay with the Dark Side, we have cookies!

A Midwest-Pacific merger would make sense, considering they are both low-population and low-activity regions.

I wasn't planning on it, I was just saying that anyone could just walk in to the Midwest and anoint themselves Prime-Verin-For-Life. And I do think Yelnoc's merger proposal makes sense (the three-region one made earlier).
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 04:33:11 PM »

Attention Midwesterners!

In response to the fact that nobody cares about governing our region anymore, I have put forth the following in the Alþing:

The Midwest-Pacific Region Merger Act

1. For purposes of regional government, the Midwest and Pacific regions shall combine to form the Miidwest-Pacific Region.  The constitution of the Pacific region shall govern the new region.

2. For purposes of electing Senators to the Atlasian Senate, the Midwest and Pacific regions shall remain seperate regions.

3. This act shall take effect upon passage by both regional legislative bodies.

I don't think Senate approval will be required, because of clause 2.  Let's pass this, and send it on to the Pacific.

Prime Verin Hawkeye59 has told me that he supports this measure.  Please act upon it in the Alþing.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2012, 07:36:20 PM »
« Edited: May 14, 2012, 07:44:33 PM by Governor Napoleon »

Fritz, you're a good man but I don't know if attaching an inactive left wing region that doesn't really have elections to an inactive left wing region that really doesn't have elections is much of a solution at all.

In any event, the Pacific hasn't passed any legislation since January 31st. The Midwest had something in March. If anything, the Pacific should be trying to attach itself to you. Tongue

I don't think it is coincidental that regions that have elections and elected legislatures have more activity. Whether the Pacific or Midwest has the diversity or activity to sustain something like that in any event is unknown to me but if I am elected I can promise that regions will become more involved.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2012, 07:43:52 PM »

Fritz, you're a good man but I don't know if attaching an inactive left wing region that doesn't really have elections to an inactive region that really doesn't have elections is much of a solution at all.

Yup, this.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2012, 07:50:03 PM »

Fritz, you're a good man but I don't know if attaching an inactive left wing region that doesn't really have elections to an inactive region that really doesn't have elections is much of a solution at all.

Yup, this.

We could adopt the tri-regional plan, we could shorten/remove the time limit on movement, we could launch a migration encouragement program... this should just be the ideas for fixing the regions thread.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2012, 07:53:18 PM »

VP Tmthforu and I have talked about a game reset on the Game Reform Panel, it might be what we need.

However, if you look at the Northeast, things haven't ever been better during my whole time here. You can be however active you want, people just need to be willing to try new things.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2012, 08:39:17 PM »

We have a convention sub-forum just waiting to be used...
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2012, 09:23:20 PM »

Yup, this.

We could adopt the tri-regional plan, we could shorten/remove the time limit on movement, we could launch a migration encouragement program... this should just be the ideas for fixing the regions thread.

Yes, yes, we need an effort to try to attract people to the less populated regions from the Northeast.  This level of activity happened before in ~2005/2006 and we did the same thing.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2012, 09:27:25 PM »

VP Tmthforu and I have talked about a game reset on the Game Reform Panel, it might be what we need.

However, if you look at the Northeast, things haven't ever been better during my whole time here. You can be however active you want, people just need to be willing to try new things.
I'd still be open to discussing that concept - something needs to happen, because I think all of our regional governments are struggling compared to where they were a year or two ago.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2012, 09:28:41 PM »

Except one! Wink
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2012, 09:59:13 PM »

I will personally oppose any map changes that affect the Northeast boundaries.  It is not overpopulated nor is it underpopulated, and its citizens are active.  I think merging the Midwest and Pacific is probably the best idea.  Maybe we could restrict new registries to those regions, too, but I don't think many people would like that idea. Tongue
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2012, 10:01:51 PM »

I will personally oppose any map changes that affect the Northeast boundaries.  It is not overpopulated nor is it underpopulated, and its citizens are active.  I think merging the Midwest and Pacific is probably the best idea.  Maybe we could restrict new registries to those regions, too, but I don't think many people would like that idea. Tongue
Well, considering how many we have playing the game, I would call the Northeast overpopulated. It's a few voters away from being twice the size of the next populated region - IDS.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2012, 10:09:38 PM »

Well, considering how many we have playing the game, I would call the Northeast overpopulated. It's a few voters away from being twice the size of the next populated region - IDS.

And that number is exactly why the Northeast has been so successful in activity.  If anything, we should focus on populating the smaller regions, not depopulating the active ones.

Personally, I'd say that the NE, IDS, and ME are fine in terms of activity.  It's the Pacific and MW that need the change.
hawkeye59
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2012, 10:24:35 PM »

And that number is exactly why the Northeast has been so successful in activity.  If anything, we should focus on populating the smaller regions, not depopulating the active ones.

Personally, I'd say that the NE, IDS, and ME are fine in terms of activity.  It's the Pacific and MW that need the change.
Good idea. Maybe restrict new registrees to (maybe) Mideast, Midwest, and Pacific.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies