Could Ron Paul actually win the GOP nomination? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:04:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Could Ron Paul actually win the GOP nomination? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Could Ron Paul actually win the GOP nomination?  (Read 6438 times)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« on: May 06, 2012, 11:19:43 AM »

Short answer: no. Long answer: No, but he can seize control of the party apparatus and decide the policy planks.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 01:07:05 PM »

Short answer: no. Long answer: No, but he can seize control of the party apparatus and decide the policy planks.

Longer answer: No, but he can seize control of a good chunk of the state parties and a portion of the national one, decide the policy planks, use the GOP's procedures against it to slow up the convention and mess up the scripting, select the convention chair, declare Vice President Paul, and in short do this, except in prime time for all the TV cameras to the Rominee itself.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 01:23:12 PM »
« Edited: May 06, 2012, 01:47:20 PM by IDS Legislator SJoyceFla »

Longer answer: No, but he can seize control of a good chunk of the state parties and a portion of the national one, decide the policy planks, use the GOP's procedures against it to slow up the convention and mess up the scripting, select the convention chair, declare Vice President Paul, and in short do this, except in prime time for all the TV cameras to the Rominee itself.
Rominee Tongue I like that.

I really do need to get myself over to Tampa sometime, but high school starts like three days before the convention starts...

Current mathy-type stuff: Paul's taken a good chunk of Nevada, Minnesota, Louisiana, Iowa, Massachusetts, Washington, North Dakota, Maine, Colorado, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, and Alaska delegates (even if they're bound to someone else) and is taking aim at a variety of others. This isn't enough to deny a first-ballot nomination yet. It is enough, however, to get some very loud heckling.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 01:51:02 PM »

Rominee Tongue I like that.

I really do need to get myself over to Tampa sometime, but high school starts like three days before the convention starts...
The convention takes place a week or two after I start my Sophomore year. But, I have a slight chance of going to the RNC through my volunteer work for Hasner's congressional campaign, and the fact that my dads friends son is the executive director of the state party.

Lucky. I'm in Bill Young (Old)'s district so we haven't had a competitive House election in like 40 some years, and my dad works for the local newspaper so it'll be all hands on deck for covering the convention...
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2012, 09:39:26 PM »

It's nice to see some members on this forum still have a sense of humor.

I fail to see any humor in that statement. Paul supporters have already begun seizing control of the party apparatus in states like Alaska, Maine, Nevada, and others, and I could see Paul delegates voting for Romney in exchange for putting in a few of their favored policies, even if they're contrary to Mitt's previous positions; it's sorta like an Etch-a-Sketch, ya know?

Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 06:56:16 AM »

Including President Emperor Caesar.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies