Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 29, 2014, 03:41:00 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  General Politics
| |-+  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: True Federalist, Former Moderate, Badger)
| | |-+  Paulites take over another state party
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Paulites take over another state party  (Read 1447 times)
Sibboleth Bist
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2012, 10:39:48 am »
Ignore

Debatably Hong Kong.

Torie
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2012, 10:50:45 am »
Ignore

Where the government owns all the land save one Anglican Church property.  Tongue
Landslide Lyndon
px75
YaBB God
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -5.22

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2012, 11:38:19 am »
Ignore

Jon Ralston reports that Paulists took 22 of the 25 delegate slots in Nevada.

Bob Findley: "You're a real dyed-in-the-wool son-of-a-bitch. Anyone ever told you that?"
Steve Everett: "Just close friends and family,"

Clint Eastwood's "True Crime", 1999.
Simfan34
YaBB God
Ghana

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2012, 12:56:20 pm »
Ignore

You try to cash in the spoils for a Starbucks coffee, and the kid behind the counter with an earring in one of his ears, and a piece of metal inserted on the middle of his tongue (gosh it would be great to be young again), will be puzzled as to just why you think that a fair exchange.

Perhaps we can just switch ages?

ChairmanSanchez
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2012, 12:58:21 pm »
Ignore

I have. Also, I just made a joke, don't need to assume I'm a clueless Dem drone.
I just know that Somalia's pretty much the perfect example of what life would be like if the private sector ran everything. The country is actually a paradise to live in if you can afford your own security, food and export your kids out to Europe and America to get and education.
I love how nearfly every lefty has this thought and thinks they are the first to come up with it.  Anarchy and Ron Paul's version of (and most flavors of) libertarianism are the same thing.  Somalia is NOT a libertarian paradise no matter how much you may want it to be.

Is there any country that functions on a libertarian mindset?!

Debatably Hong Kong.
Singapore, economically. But.....not in any other way.

America's like that hot chick everyone wants, and illegal immigrants are all the nerds that she should say "no" to.
Carlos Danger
wormyguy
YaBB God
Liechtenstein

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2012, 01:00:41 pm »
Ignore

I have. Also, I just made a joke, don't need to assume I'm a clueless Dem drone.
I just know that Somalia's pretty much the perfect example of what life would be like if the private sector ran everything. The country is actually a paradise to live in if you can afford your own security, food and export your kids out to Europe and America to get and education.
I love how nearfly every lefty has this thought and thinks they are the first to come up with it.  Anarchy and Ron Paul's version of (and most flavors of) libertarianism are the same thing.  Somalia is NOT a libertarian paradise no matter how much you may want it to be.

Debatably Hong Kong.

Singapore is more New Keynesian/neoliberal.  Hong Kong is probably the closest to Austrian economics given their semi-private currency.

Simfan34
YaBB God
Ghana

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2012, 01:29:53 pm »
Ignore

Debatably Hong Kong.

What? Both are semi-authoritarian communitarian states.

ChairmanSanchez
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2012, 01:47:01 pm »
Ignore

Debatably Hong Kong.

What? Both are semi-authoritarian communitarian states.
Singapore is close to 1984 in many, many ways. I never said it was perfect.

America's like that hot chick everyone wants, and illegal immigrants are all the nerds that she should say "no" to.
Korwinist
ModernBourbon Democrat
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2012, 02:07:40 pm »
Ignore

Where the government owns all the land save one Anglican Church property.  Tongue

Hence "Debatably"

Also, land prices/rent/etc is probably the worst part of Hong Kong's economy, so there's that.

Iron King SJoyce
sjoycefla
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2012, 02:23:01 pm »
Ignore

Hong Kong University also owns a property, but that's it.

greenforest32
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.43

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2012, 03:37:22 am »
Ignore

Won't Romney be able to easily get a majority of delegates while ignoring Paul considering that Gingrich and Santorum have now dropped out?
Iron King SJoyce
sjoycefla
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2012, 06:52:46 am »
Ignore

Won't Romney be able to easily get a majority of delegates while ignoring Paul considering that Gingrich and Santorum have now dropped out?

But they haven't "dropped out", their campaigns have been suspended, meaning they keep the delegates.

greenforest32
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.43

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2012, 01:39:04 pm »
Ignore

But they haven't "dropped out", their campaigns have been suspended, meaning they keep the delegates.

Yeah but I'm thinking about the future primaries and their delegates. Romney can get a majority from the upcoming primaries because he'll win by such a large margin considering it's going to be just him vs Paul right?
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout