What I Believe (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:49:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  What I Believe (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What I Believe  (Read 1974 times)
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« on: January 16, 2005, 03:41:54 PM »

Does your name mean that you're really Al in disguise?

Yes. AHAHAHAHAHA! Damn... blown my cover... curses...

Al that con-artist!!! Only he would create a second user name and post under it 2569 times!!!

Al probably has enough intelligent points to be able to concurrently run two different user names though.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2005, 04:01:12 PM »

I have the following questions:

1. Which of the following would you defend to your death (or at least in cabinet meetings and with your tie break vote):

i. The Present level of Federal Education Funding.
ii. The Marriage Equity Act (i.e. would you vote to stop a repeal)

The remaining questions are simply for my personal amusement, but do answer them.

2. If you had to spend the rest of your life with one of the following forum members on a desert island, which one would it be. Consider that God has placed a protective cloak around the individual so it is impossible to harm him and he will outlive you:

i. PD
ii. Opebo
iii. jFRAUD
iv. Bandit
v. AuH2O
vi. Philip
vii. Keystone Phil and Irish Dem[or his other aliases] (has to be together)
viii. BRTD

3. Should God domesticate the Queen?

4. What is your favourite piece of music right now?
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2005, 01:58:31 AM »

The ticket is an attempt to unite Atlasia. KEmp is a right-of-center guy, and I am left-of-center. The fact that KEmp chose me was a risk alone; he risked alienating the right. However, I like to think he has made a choice that shows that he wants to run an administration not of partisan bickering, but one that includes liberals and conservatives alike.

This sounds remarkably similar to the reasoning behind the Gustaf-Supersoulty ticket of last June. Gus provided the Centre-left and Super the centre-right. In his resignation, Supersoulty said that "I never really felt a part of this administration.  Nothing against those involved, I just never felt a connection with those that I served with."

He stated that "[t]he reality is that the UAC has become everything that they were founded in order to oppose.  They brought partisanship to a new screaming high."

Those of us aged enough to remember those days know that is for the most part true; I'll put it bluntly: Non-partisanship, whilst always enterred with the best of intentions, has yet to work here.

Why do you believe it will for you and what do you believe you can learn from the mistakes of the past?
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2005, 04:20:53 AM »

You have stated a preference for practical and needed changes, presumably on the level of forum affairs.

Beyond a Constitutional Convention which you have already stated, I'd like to hear a few more ideas, because frankly, between you and Kemp, you've been rather quiet on this front. What sort of common sense proposals can we expect? (Yes I want speciifc examples)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies