It's Still About The Economy, And We're Not Stupid (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:41:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  It's Still About The Economy, And We're Not Stupid (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: It's Still About The Economy, And We're Not Stupid  (Read 5768 times)
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: May 08, 2012, 04:57:53 PM »

You know, stupid slogans like this bring out just a little of the Democrat/liberal that I used to be. 'The recovery is too slow' is an idiotic talking point, we could just as easily be getting no recovery, could we not? The Romney campaign is basically going to have to run a completely dishonest campaign if they are running on a poor economy message, and people aren't going to fall for it.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 03:51:05 PM »

Ultimately, Politico is right- any attempt to shift the discussion to social issue will be seen as weakness, and while it could hurt both Romney or Obama, Obama would be the one hurt more- as he bears responsibility for the economy of the past four years.

Currently, Obama bearing responsibility for the economy is a positive, so a shift in focus might not hurt that much.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 04:20:12 PM »

I'm sorry, is there a huge economic downturn I'm unaware of? I thought we were in a 'slow recovery'.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 04:29:55 PM »

Romney wants  to cut the safety net,cut taxes for the rich and raise taxes on the poor.Romney
would let GM and Crysler go bankrupt and states would have had to lay off police,Teachers,
Fireman without the stimulas.If your rich you would do fine under Romney.The rest would be
worse off.

Has anyone ever suggested we raise taxes on the poor?
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 06:25:44 PM »

Once again, is there any particular reason an election focusing on the economy is a plus for Romney? Outside of gas prices, it's fairly solid.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies