It's Still About The Economy, And We're Not Stupid (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:07:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  It's Still About The Economy, And We're Not Stupid (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: It's Still About The Economy, And We're Not Stupid  (Read 5772 times)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« on: May 08, 2012, 01:32:24 PM »

Was part of that intended to defend Obama's foreign policy? Afghanistan? Libya? Defense spending? PATRIOT Act? NDAA? Assassination of citizens without a trial? Guantanamo? Cause all I saw on that was "No combat troops in Iraq and no Osama. Plus, I'm not Bush."
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 07:07:51 PM »

Afghanistan is ending, Libya was a success, defense spending has been cut by hundreds of billions of dollars, only silly libertarians on the internet are mad about NDAA, Congress didn't let Obama close Guantanamo. I guess you wanted him to somehow get a PATRIOT Act repeal through Congress also?

Afghanistan is ongoing, Libya is looking like its going to split into about a hundred tiny pseudo-countries, defense spending is several times higher than it was during the Cold War, apparently silly liberals don't care about the US government being allowed to completely circumvent the legal process if it just calls the suspect a "terrorist", and Obama didn't make even minor attempts to close Gitmo. He then turned around and outright supported the new version of the PATRIOT act, happily signing it into law without any complaint or modification requests.

This. We're still in Afghanistan till at least 2015, Libya was another foreign war about oil (not a success), defense spending has not been cut anywhere near reasonable amounts, I'm certainly concerned about the detention and murder of Americans by the state (you conveniently forgot to post your 'defense' of murder of American citizens), I don't like broken promises, and the PATRIOT Act is, as the name would suggest, an act, specifically one that comes up every few years to be signed again/expanded/vetoed. He, obviously, did not do so.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 05:09:08 PM »

Afghanistan is ending, Libya was a success, defense spending has been cut by hundreds of billions of dollars, only silly libertarians on the internet are mad about NDAA, Congress didn't let Obama close Guantanamo. I guess you wanted him to somehow get a PATRIOT Act repeal through Congress also?

there is a serious disconnect between your increasing interest in radical thought and your persistent Obama fanboyism.

Obviously I grade Obama on a curve, and on that curve, his foreign policy has been pretty good.

Assuming (as you appear to) that the government being able to murder you at whim is "pretty good", then Obama's been one of the best President's we've ever had.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies