Santorum endorses Mitt.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:06:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Santorum endorses Mitt.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Santorum endorses Mitt.  (Read 2167 times)
BigSkyBob

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2012, 10:37:43 AM »

On the positive side, Santorum did, finally, endorse Romney, as everyone knew he would, at some point or other.

On the negative side, as is usual with Santorum, this self indulging Santorum ego trip, put into the form of an email, is all about Santorum, really.

Romney agrees with me on this, Romney agrees with me on that.  The issues that I put forward in the primary campaign will be well represented in a Romney administration.

Santorum never even had the class, or the good taste, or the guts, or, one might even say, the humility, to turn this into a major campaign event, for Rick and Karen Santorum to stand on a stage beside Mitt and Ann Romney, and say, in clear, unmistakable, unequivocal terms,  I proudly endorse Mitt Rommey for President of the United States.  He then proceeds to deliver an enthusiastic, detailed speech of why America needs Mitt Romney as President.

Again, I would note the person responsible for that fact is Mitt Romney. Romney used Santorum's 2008 "enthusiastic" endorsement of Romney as the "conservative" alternative to John McCain against him. That lacked class on Romney's part. Mitt Romney poisoned the well for all moderate nominees, including himself. Embracing a strategy of winning at all costs has costs.

The problem with issuing an "enthusiastic endorsement" of Mitt Romney is that just it wouldn't be true. Romney's opponents tried to hold him accountable for his flip-flops because Romney really and truly is a flip-flopper, and being a flip-flopper really and truly is a highly undesirable trait for a President.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies