Of the three GOP factions, which will be the first to leave? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:41:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Alternative Elections (Moderator: Dereich)
  Of the three GOP factions, which will be the first to leave? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Of the three GOP factions, which will be the first to leave?
Defense (a la John McCain)
Fiscal (a la Mitt Romney)
Moral (a la Rick Santorum)
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Of the three GOP factions, which will be the first to leave?  (Read 3594 times)
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix
E: 10.00, S: -4.26

« on: May 15, 2012, 10:44:13 PM »

Despite my tepid support for mitt, I'm volunteering for the Ron Paul campaign, hoping that a last stand by-the-skin-of-his-balls victory in CA makes RP scare mitt enough to ensure

1. Moral crap goes bye-bye (I'm pro-life, but I'm not a maniac.  Leave it to the states - this will likely be (and might already be) the belief of most GOP voters in ten years)
2. He stays true to fiscal conservatism
3. He becomes fully aware that he can't afford to lose the libertarian wing of the party.  Without it he loses or wins narrowly; with even half the youth and independent/Dem votes RP brings to the table, it's a Mittslide

The libertarian faction of the GOP is a growing faction of the GOP Mitt can't afford to lose.
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix
E: 10.00, S: -4.26

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 10:56:35 PM »

No way will the GOP abandom it's religiounut plank in favour of Gary Johnson's libertarian brand, though you guys will become a MAJOR thrid party come the next election taking states from the dems (NH, NV) but Hispanics will become Republican with the rise of George P Bush, Brian Sandoval and Susana  Martinez.

Help us Rand Paul.  You're our only hope Wink

In all seriousness, I think libertarians can change this nation the most if we get the GOP to become libertarian, and overhaul the party from the inside-out.  Rand Paul 2020, but I would say that a bid by Jesse Ventura this year would be interesting to say the least.  Not to highjack the thread, but what does everyone think?  Would a 2012 indy bid by the Body help or hurt the libertarian movement?  Turnout?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies