Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 21, 2014, 02:00:49 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  Congressional Elections (Moderator: Joe Republic)
| | |-+  Angus King wants you to know that he's very important.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Angus King wants you to know that he's very important.  (Read 1324 times)
Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« on: May 07, 2012, 11:26:03 am »
Ignore

Oh, and don't you dare attack him because he might decide the fate of the free world - http://politicalwire.com/archives/2012/05/07/king_warns_two_major_parties.html

Never any doubt.
wormyguy
YaBB God
Liechtenstein

Political Matrix
E: 4.52, S: -1.57

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 11:30:09 am »
Ignore

Hah!  So Obama already gave Angus King, business genius, a $102-million-dollar bribe "investment."
Gravis Marketing
brittain33
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 04:46:12 pm »
Ignore

Well, he is very important.

Unlike Joe Lieberman, he doesn't appear to be loathsome about it.
Torie
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 04:54:35 pm »
Ignore

Man, the boy plays kind of rough.  I think if I were to take him on, I would have to be pretty confident that the end result would be that I took him out. One wouldn't want him wandering around as a wounded and vengeful animal.

Marokai Besieged
Marokai Blue
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 09:03:00 pm »
Ignore

"I will take note of how I am treated in this campaign."

God, doesn't his attitude here basically sum up The Independent Voter? "I'm very important, you know! If you want me to like you, you better not insult me!" Gag.

Joe Republic
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 09:22:44 pm »

I never knew that King was a local news anchor in San Diego during the 1970's.

Real Americans (and Big Sky Bob) demand to know.

I just slept for 11 hours, so I should need a nap today, but we'll see.
○∙◄☻•tπ[╪AV┼cVÍ└
jfern
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 12:38:27 am »
Ignore

Whatever, he's basically a Democrat. I mean sure he's probably be closer politically to Lincoln Chafee than Ted Kennedy, but Chafee isn't a Republican any more.
smoltchanov
YaBB God
Russian Federation
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2012, 01:39:13 am »
Ignore

Well, IMHO, he is mostly correct. He will be important, because Senate is unlikely to be more then 51-49 in anybody's favor, and he will be attacked from both sides, while "normal" Democratic or Republican candidates - usually from one only. He is "somewhat too conservative" for many wild-eyed Democratic activists, and "way too liberal" for no less wild-eyed Republican...

Raging moderate. Big fan of "mavericks" (in all parties) and big non-lover of "reliable foot soldiers" (in all parties as well). Very much "anti-tea party". Political Matrix - E: -0.26, S: -3.48. Like to collect bans on partisan sites (4-5 on DKE (+ SSP) and on RRH).
Landslide Lyndon
px75
YaBB God
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -5.22

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2012, 02:05:11 am »
Ignore

From what I know he has only been attacked by the NRSC. Unless of course he considers the prodding by his opponents to disclose which side he will caucus with as "attacks".

Bob Findley: "You're a real dyed-in-the-wool son-of-a-bitch. Anyone ever told you that?"
Steve Everett: "Just close friends and family,"

Clint Eastwood's "True Crime", 1999.
smoltchanov
YaBB God
Russian Federation
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2012, 02:15:05 am »
Ignore

From what I know he has only been attacked by the NRSC. Unless of course he considers the prodding by his opponents to disclose which side he will caucus with as "attacks".

It's 6 month before election. Wait a little)))

Raging moderate. Big fan of "mavericks" (in all parties) and big non-lover of "reliable foot soldiers" (in all parties as well). Very much "anti-tea party". Political Matrix - E: -0.26, S: -3.48. Like to collect bans on partisan sites (4-5 on DKE (+ SSP) and on RRH).
АverroŽs Nix
AverroŽs Nix
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2012, 07:28:32 am »
Ignore

Funny how independent candidates tend to be self-important, hypersensitive assholes.

Anyone else remember the "King Angus" debacle on Twitter?

PS: I am using my late mother's Facebook account due to the difficulty of changing identities on Facebook. She has yet to complain.
Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2012, 07:25:21 pm »
Ignore

There must be a way to take this a-hole down.

He's BACK!!! His Time Has Come Once Again! Now We're All Gonna Die! No One is Safe From His Wrath!

Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2012, 08:10:47 pm »
Ignore

It would be great if one of the two parties agreed to back out and actually help the other just to prevent this prima dona from getting elected.

Never any doubt.
Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2012, 08:53:17 pm »
Ignore

It would be great if one of the two parties agreed to back out and actually help the other just to prevent this prima dona from getting elected.

Wouldn't it be better with a three-way race? Otherwise it could end up like Vermont 2006.

He's BACK!!! His Time Has Come Once Again! Now We're All Gonna Die! No One is Safe From His Wrath!

Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2012, 10:28:20 pm »
Ignore

Wouldn't it be better with a three-way race? Otherwise it could end up like Vermont 2006.

Yeah, probably. I was just thinking from a "pool your resources" standpoint.

Never any doubt.
Svensson
NVTownsend
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2012, 02:50:15 pm »
Ignore

In today's political environment? Not happening. Maine's two parties have essentially swerved about as far to their respective wings as you can get outside of California.
Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2012, 07:26:24 pm »
Ignore

In today's political environment? Not happening. Maine's two parties have essentially swerved about as far to their respective wings as you can get outside of California.

...I know it's not happening.

Never any doubt.
Svensson
NVTownsend
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2012, 09:03:32 pm »
Ignore

...I know it's not happening.

Well, I couldn't tell that. I mean, after all, I could see it being possible in other states.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout