Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 29, 2014, 03:06:50 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  General Politics
| |-+  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: True Federalist, Former Moderate, Badger)
| | |-+  not sure the jmfcst fits in the GOP.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: not sure the jmfcst fits in the GOP.  (Read 1829 times)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« on: May 07, 2012, 02:10:34 pm »
Ignore

I can't really find anyone in the GOP with whom I agree.

Is there anyone in the GOP willing to publically declare they would trade $10 in budget cuts for $1 in tax increases?

Is there anyone in the GOP willing to publically admit that Bush43 was very naive to believe we could bring democracy to the Muslims by overthrowing their regimes?  Is there anyone in the GOP willing to publically declare we should pull out of Afghanistan?

Do not fight with one another over my banning.  I've enjoyed the time I have spent with all of you, but the time really has come for me to leave.  It is what I want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9Y_GLT4_9I

I looked over Jordan, and what did I see?
Coming for to carry me home,
A band of angels coming after me,
Coming for to carry me home.

Swing low, sweet chariot,
King
intermoderate
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 02:25:14 pm »
Ignore

Unfortunately not, jmfcst.  Republicans have decided to separate themselves from their sensibilities.  They've tricked themselves into building their beliefs on rhetoric instead of rhetoric on beliefs.

The only hope is to walk away from the party for awhile, let it self-destruct, and try to build again on the rubble.

I can do spaghetti after recalling the steps.
I just had Braum's on Sunday, so I'm good for a while.  Tonight, I had Burger King.
Grumps
GM3PRP
YaBB God
South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islan
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 02:30:22 pm »
Ignore

Joe Scarborough is about as close as you'll get but he ain't runnin' for anything.
President John Hay
clarence
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 02:44:00 pm »
Ignore

I'd agree with all three of those...I'm also disappointed by many things my party has become but know that the alternative is worse

Governor Varavour
Simfan34
YaBB God
Ghana

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: 4.91

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 02:47:40 pm »
Ignore

Jon Huntsman, obviously.

"Dictator Paul Kagame was busy fornicating, embezzling funds, eating sausages and drinking yogurt."

black and white band photos
BRTD
YaBB God
Sweden

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 02:53:49 pm »
Ignore

Well there's Ron Paul for the last two.

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
Torie
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012, 04:42:24 pm »
Ignore

Mittens does not eschew any revenue increases beyond those from more economic growth; he just does not want to raise the rates (he wants to slash the deductions).  I also think he would agree with you about overthrowing the regimes thing (although not in your view or his, perhaps they should have been overthrown (or at least the US not opposing it) for other reasons).

Some Pubs including myself want to pull out of Afghanistan at this point, or at least effecting that over a relatively short period in an orderly way.  Maybe I could be persuaded otherwise if I studied it some more, since I don't claim to have much expertise about it, but I tend to doubt it. But not many Pub politicians are willing to go there publically yet.

opebo
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2012, 04:44:14 pm »
Ignore

Oh boo hoo.  Your views and interests are a lot better served by your party than mine by my party.

The essence of democracy at its purest is a lynch mob

LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2012, 07:24:11 pm »
Ignore

I think a good trade would be for every increase $1 of public spending we raise taxes on the rich by $2.
shua
YaBB God
Russian Federation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2012, 08:07:48 pm »
Ignore

Is there anyone in the GOP willing to publically declare they would trade $10 in budget cuts for $1 in tax increases?
Most GOP lawmakers who might support it aren't going to say so without a specific proposal on the table because it's not a great place to negotiate from. But the Republicans who supported Simpson-Bowles such as Tom Coburn would qualify.

Is there anyone in the GOP willing to publically admit that Bush43 was very naive to believe we could bring democracy to the Muslims by overthrowing their regimes?  Is there anyone in the GOP willing to publically declare we should pull out of Afghanistan?
Well yes there's quite a few. One of them is running for president.

○∙◄☻tπ[╪AV┼cV└
jfern
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2012, 12:44:04 am »
Ignore

I'm sure there are Democrats, but they really shouldn't be Democrats.
Purch

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2012, 10:27:46 am »
Ignore

For the second part see Ron Paul.

For the first part see every Republican on the Simpson-Bowle commite

Those gravestones don't say democrat or republican those gravestones say American.
jmfcst
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2012, 11:09:58 am »
Ignore

For the second part see Ron Paul.

For the first part see every Republican on the Simpson-Bowle commite

the idea is to find a candidate that meets both criteria, while also being a statesman.

Do not fight with one another over my banning.  I've enjoyed the time I have spent with all of you, but the time really has come for me to leave.  It is what I want.

Purch

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2012, 11:42:44 am »
Ignore

O well I don't think Paul is the kind of Republican who'd be against raising taxes AT THE EXPENSE  of balencing the budget. I remember in one of is interviews he admitted that not all taxes are bad and taxes used to improve things like infrastructure were actually good.

I think why Ron Paul's so anti tax is he belives the reason the goverment has to raise taxes is always to support their out of control spending.

The difference between him and other Republicans is he realizes the idea of controlling spending whiles maintaining the inflated military budget we have is unrealistic.

Those gravestones don't say democrat or republican those gravestones say American.
opebo
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2012, 11:47:19 am »
Ignore

I think a good trade would be for every increase $1 of public spending we raise taxes on the rich by $2.

That's the spirit! 

The essence of democracy at its purest is a lynch mob

Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2012, 03:18:04 pm »
Ignore

I agree with all 3 of your points.
BigSkyBob
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2012, 12:12:57 am »
Ignore

Bush 43 was worse than naive in believing he was the savior of mankind.

We should bail on Afghanistan.

$10 in tax cuts simply isn't on the table, only the $1 in tax increases. What is called a "cut" is really a reduction in the rate of increase. Noone has advocated actually cuts, save Ron Paul.

The real scandal in Washington is not the bribery, corruption, or sex. It is how poorly we are governed.
two glass houses, twenty stones
Pingvin99
YaBB God
Estonia

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2012, 02:41:02 am »
Ignore

Come to the good side of Power, jmfcst.

LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2012, 04:22:48 am »
Ignore

$10 in tax cuts simply isn't on the table, only the $1 in tax increases. What is called a "cut" is really a reduction in the rate of increase. Noone has advocated actually cuts, save Ron Paul.
Government increasing with the size of economy to fullfill it's obligations is status quo. So it is a cut.
Mr. Morden
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2012, 05:47:14 am »
Ignore

Haven't you been insisting for ages that you are the perfect proxy for "Generic Republican Voter"(tm), and that's why the party always nominates the candidate who you like?  So then how did you so quickly become un-representative of the party?

HOG & Blondie: A Tale of Atlas Future

What is your opinion of this thread?

Watch Dave being briefed by the mods.

Being a moderator is basically like one giant party.  Except you're the one ruining the party and everyone hates you.
Governor Varavour
Simfan34
YaBB God
Ghana

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2012, 10:13:44 am »
Ignore

Perhaps the party has become unrepresentative of the average voter.

"Dictator Paul Kagame was busy fornicating, embezzling funds, eating sausages and drinking yogurt."

President John Hay
clarence
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2012, 10:15:57 am »
Ignore

Well said!

They call me PR
Progressive Realist
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2012, 10:19:00 am »
Ignore

Haven't you been insisting for ages that you are the perfect proxy for "Generic Republican Voter"(tm), and that's why the party always nominates the candidate who you like?  So then how did you so quickly become un-representative of the party?

The "Generic Republican Voter" (TM) is always disappointed in the politicians he votes for( except the fictional idealization of Ronald Reagan's Presidency, of course). This is by definition; a Party increasingly dominated ideologues and demagogues is going to hate "The Establishment" no matter what, even if (maybe especially if) the Movement is the Establishment
jmfcst
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2012, 01:44:35 pm »
Ignore

I am not out of sync with GOP voters, rather the GOP pols are out of sync with GOP voters.

GOP pols are now less pragmatic than GOP voters.

Governor Varavour
Simfan34
YaBB God
Ghana

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2012, 04:36:46 pm »
Ignore

I am not out of sync with GOP voters, rather the GOP pols are out of sync with GOP voters.

GOP pols are now less pragmatic than GOP voters.

This is what I have been saying. jmfcst, voice of reason!

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout