Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 30, 2014, 09:17:55 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  2012 Elections (Moderators: Mr. Morden, Bacon King, Sheriff Buford TX Justice)
| | |-+  Obama campaign to launch 25 Mio. $ swing state ad blitz
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Obama campaign to launch 25 Mio. $ swing state ad blitz  (Read 648 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Moderators
YaBB God
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -6.09

P P P

View Profile
« on: May 07, 2012, 11:31:09 pm »
Ignore

This is similar to what the Bush/Cheney campaign did after Kerry secured the nomination:

Obama Up with $25 Million Ad Buy

David Axelrod said President Obama's re-election will spend $25 million on swing-state ads this month, according to NBC News.

The ad is a positive one and Axelrod claimed that the sum spent on this ad would be more than Mitt Romney spent on positive ads through the entire GOP primary.

Said Axelrod: "I believe that by the end of this week -- certainly by the end of next -- we will have spent more money offering people a positive vision for the future, talking about the president's record and the nation's record under his leadership and where we're going than Gov. Romney has in his entire campaign and there's a reason for that."

http://politicalwire.com/archives/2012/05/07/obama_up_with_25_million_ad_buy.html

The ad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=F0OVngTHkNg
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Moderators
YaBB God
Austria

Political Matrix

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 11:48:24 pm »
Ignore

A one-minute video called Go that is set to air in the battleground states of Colorado, Florida, North Carolina, Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Virginia, focuses on the auto-industry turnaround, the war in Iraq, the killing of Osama bin Laden and an economy that is slowly adding jobs.

Interesting that AZ is not among these states. Maybe the internal polls suggest that the state has moved back to lean-Romney.

It probably also means that MI and WI are now lean or safe Obama.
○∙◄☻tπ[╪AV┼cV└
jfern
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 12:11:30 am »
Ignore

$25 million isn't that much. Some Proposition that you never heard of here in California already has $40 million of big tobacco money running against it.
HagridOfTheDeep
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.52

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 12:14:18 am »
Ignore

such a deceptive ad. I don't think it'll be as powerful as Axelrod thinks it will be.

black and white band photos
BRTD
YaBB God
Sweden

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 12:23:20 am »
Ignore

That is a great ad.

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
King
intermoderate
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 12:28:52 am »
Ignore

The ad was pretty standard.  The Forward slogan goes really well with his "I approve this message walk," though.

I can do spaghetti after recalling the steps.
I just had Braum's on Sunday, so I'm good for a while.  Tonight, I had Burger King.
MagneticFree
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 01:50:47 am »
Ignore

Move forward, much like the Nazis did.

Paul/Cruz 2016!
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Moderators
YaBB God
Austria

Political Matrix

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2012, 01:54:01 am »
Ignore

What a ridiculous post, in 2 ways. Not only is Obama not comparable to the Nazis, you are also using a poster of Lenin (who was no Nazi).
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2012, 04:00:53 am »
Ignore

What is the point of posting propaganda? I was going to say something a lot meaner about the factual mistakes, but I'll refrain from doing that, it seems to me other posters have pointed that out.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
YaBB God
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -5.22

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2012, 04:30:14 am »
Ignore

Congratulations! You've just won the Krazey/Big Sky Boob Award for the stupidest post of the month.

Bob Findley: "You're a real dyed-in-the-wool son-of-a-bitch. Anyone ever told you that?"
Steve Everett: "Just close friends and family,"

Clint Eastwood's "True Crime", 1999.
Mechaman
YaBB God
Jamaica

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2012, 09:04:46 am »
Ignore

Something tells me this might be an attempt at satire........

23:19   Xahar   you're literally a white dude Mechaman
pbrower2a
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2012, 09:50:28 am »
Ignore

A one-minute video called Go that is set to air in the battleground states of Colorado, Florida, North Carolina, Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Virginia, focuses on the auto-industry turnaround, the war in Iraq, the killing of Osama bin Laden and an economy that is slowly adding jobs.

Interesting that AZ is not among these states. Maybe the internal polls suggest that the state has moved back to lean-Romney.

This is a powerful, convincing ad. It is better than I expected. If it solidifies support for the President, it may also create some coat-tails in House and Senate races.

Possible interpretation of the states in which ad-time has been bought:

President Obama isn't going to win Arizona or Montana without also winning Colorado; Indiana without also winning Ohio; Missouri without also winning Ohio and Virginia; Georgia without also winning Florida and North Carolina. Because of a February poll and some very early polls, Iowa and New Hampshire look rather shaky, and if Iowa and New Hampshire solidify for the President then the ad can be shown in buys in Indiana, Missouri, Arizona, Montana, or Georgia.

Colorado, Florida, North Carolina, Ohio, and Virginia clinch re-election for the President.   

Your political compass

Economic Left/Right: -7.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.49
coyolxauhqui
a Person
YaBB God
Costa Rica

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2012, 12:29:16 pm »
Ignore

Something tells me this might be an attempt at satire........
Nope, just RockyIce.

Gravis Marketing
brittain33
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2012, 12:48:50 pm »
Ignore

Obama's going to be hands off of WI until after the recall I would guess. But it could also be that the state isn't polling competitively.
NHI
YaBB God

P
View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2012, 12:50:40 pm »
Ignore

such a deceptive ad. I don't think it'll be as powerful as Axelrod thinks it will be.

‎"Our president thinks this country's in decline. It is if he's president. It's not if I'm president." -- Mitt Romney

HagridOfTheDeep
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.52

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2012, 12:59:38 pm »
Ignore

Even if this ad is a net positive for the Obama team, it's still got nothing on the RNC's Hype and Blame ad. That was a damn impressive video.

pbrower2a
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2012, 01:24:42 pm »
Ignore

Oh, by the way -- Iowa just got polled by PPP... and President Obama is up by 10%.

Your political compass

Economic Left/Right: -7.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.49
Scott
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2012, 07:50:57 pm »
Ignore

Very mature, well thought out post!
Pages: [1] Print