Romney: I'll take a lot of credit for auto industry success. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:38:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney: I'll take a lot of credit for auto industry success. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Romney: I'll take a lot of credit for auto industry success.  (Read 5230 times)
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« on: May 08, 2012, 04:01:25 PM »

Except that Romney was right and therefore he does deserves credit for that.

Did anyone else speak honestly about the need for bankruptcy restructuring? No, all everyone else wanted to know was through tax payer money at a losing model to avoid the inevitable and avoid looking bad politically.

Strickland and Obama are the ones distorting the reality of the situation. Without the bankrupty restructuring, even with all the tax payer bailouts in the world, those companies would still be just as screwed as they were in late 2008. The only difference is that by now, they wouldn't be salvageable, regardless of the means. In 2008, they were salvagable through bankruptcy restructuring.

I hope Romney somehow manages to tear Obama a new asshole on this in one of the debates.

The willful ignorance of those who have previously posted in this thread, is breath taking. Tongue

Oh, okay.  He also railed against the loans, which were which played a huge roll in the Obama plan.  Is he responsible for that too?
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 09:31:26 PM »

Except that Romney was right and therefore he does deserves credit for that.

Did anyone else speak honestly about the need for bankruptcy restructuring? No, all everyone else wanted to know was through tax payer money at a losing model to avoid the inevitable and avoid looking bad politically.

Strickland and Obama are the ones distorting the reality of the situation. Without the bankrupty restructuring, even with all the tax payer bailouts in the world, those companies would still be just as screwed as they were in late 2008. The only difference is that by now, they wouldn't be salvageable, regardless of the means. In 2008, they were salvagable through bankruptcy restructuring.

I hope Romney somehow manages to tear Obama a new asshole on this in one of the debates.

The willful ignorance of those who have previously posted in this thread, is breath taking. Tongue

Oh, okay.  He also railed against the loans, which were a huge part of the Obama plan.  Is he responsible for that too now?

Pre-bankruptcy loans, yes. Because it was money down the drain for a busted business plan. That is where Romney and Obama differ and that is where (all things being equal such as understanding of business and these things) Romney would crush Obama.

Once you have a new business plan drawn up (restructuring plan), then you go to a judge with both the plan and the cash.

It is you guys that are relying on general ignorance to maintain this as a positive rather than a negative in the Midwest. Tongue

Sorry, I mean the bailouts prior to the official bankruptcy, which were part of Bush's and Obama's plans.  Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies