Romney: I'll take a lot of credit for auto industry success. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:01:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney: I'll take a lot of credit for auto industry success. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Romney: I'll take a lot of credit for auto industry success.  (Read 5234 times)
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« on: May 08, 2012, 06:16:36 PM »

But North Carolina Yankee, the State can make any 'business model' 'succeed' or 'fail' by the legal structure in which it is allowed to function.  The only reason an 'auto company' branch of government has difficulties or thrives is due to its legally defined powers - relating to taxes, trade, control of workers, etc.  The autos were 'failing' because of policy, and its just an alteration of policy to make them 'succeed'.

My statement assumes a degree of political reality. The Midwest is shrinking and at some point California, Texas and Florida would grow weary of propping up a perpetually insolvent institution either as a nationalized entity or a constantly bailed out private firm. Plus, no mainstream political figures were willing to tolerate nationalization.
We should be implementing policy that punishes industries in those states, we don't need to be incentivizing people to move to sh**thole climates. Appalachia, Mountain West/Pacific West should be propped up instead.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies