Romney: I'll take a lot of credit for auto industry success. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:11:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney: I'll take a lot of credit for auto industry success. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Romney: I'll take a lot of credit for auto industry success.  (Read 5228 times)
AmericanNation

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 1.91

« on: May 10, 2012, 10:30:52 AM »

It is a risky move necessitated because of the position Romney took on the issue (which was the smart move to take on the matter I might add). Romney is not a traditional candidate in a number of ways because he is a detail-oriented technocrat and in no way a politician. He is a fairly crappy politician. As a result of this, Romney will need to attempt some pretty risky maneuvering on the level of Lee at Chancellorsville, in order to win. Because sadly, so many people are completely ignorant on this and many issues.
I'm wondering if it will be better to be right or to have the catchy soundbite on this one...  Must feel great promoting ignorance and misinformation democrats... nice job. 
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 07:19:39 PM »

lol.  Romney is playing into the worst stereotypes about himself.
Competent?  Technocratic?  Wonkish?  Smart?  Problem Solver?  You're right, terrible stereotypes.       
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 07:36:50 PM »

lol.  Romney is playing into the worst stereotypes about himself.
Competent?  Technocratic?  Wonkish?  Smart?  Problem Solver?  You're right, terrible stereotypes.       

lol, "Etch A Sketch" is the stereotype I was referring to.

You're right, staying completely consistent throughout the entire time frame is so "Etch A Sketch."  Wait, that is a completely wrong characterization that requires you to perpetuate ignorance in order to make any sense.     
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 08:09:45 PM »

If that is y'all's grasp of reality with regards to the staunch opposition to the auto bailout that Romney put in writing, I'm not going to argue with it.  We'll see what Michigan voters think about it come November 2012.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/19/opinion/19romney.html

"grasp of reality" LOL.  Romney Opposed what Obama/Bush did because his plan was much better... reality tells us Romney was right.  Typically you take credit for being right.     
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 09:01:27 PM »

...And then GM and Chrysler failed after the bailout and went through a bankruptcy restructuring.  Mitt was right about everything, apparently a huge political liability.  
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 07:51:58 AM »

The pre-bankruptcy rescue was never going to be a permanent measure.
What? ? !!!
Then why did you waste all that money?
Why didn't you go to the process that would work, like Romney said to do?

AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2012, 10:57:40 AM »
« Edited: May 14, 2012, 10:59:11 AM by AmericanNation »

Spare us this ridiculous claptrap.  Did or did Romney not oppose the decision to provide a federally funded bailout to the auto companies at the time the Obama Administration did it?  Can you even acknowledge this?

From Romney's editorial:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

This isn't a confusing situation.  Romney, like most of the GOP Presidential candidates, opposed the federally funded auto bailout that the Obama Administration provided.  But the bailout has not caused the death of the American auto industry that he predicted.  And so now ...

The bailout did NOT save the companies, the bankruptcies did ! ! ! ! !
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies