ted kennedy
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:04:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  ted kennedy
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: ted kennedy  (Read 8888 times)
Blerpiez
blerpiez

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -7.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2005, 08:29:13 PM »

Democratic favorites for this seat are congressmen, notably Marty Meehan, Barney Frank, and Stephen Lynch.  One of these would probably win. It doesn't matter who the Republicans nominate, as they will lose.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2005, 09:35:13 PM »

what about andy card?  ive heard rumors that he may be interested in running for senate.
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2005, 01:30:42 AM »

he's too old.  Thing is, back in the day, the Kennedys had a really great image. He really messed it up for the family. He's the epitome of what's wrong with politicans, and probably one of the most loathsome in my book (of course my book is 12,000 pages long, but he's made the top 100 list).  Provided that he doesn't drive anyone else off a cliff, or die of alcohol poisoning, he's got a good chance of getting elected.  Republicans might not even run a candidate against him.  Of course, in the rare event he steps down (probably due to health reasons), and there's an open election, I still doubt they'll elect a Republican.  Massachusetts people are generally liberal and proud of it.

"He weighs about seven-THOUSAND pounds.  You can shoot a bullet in Los Angeles and hit him in the ass in Boston later.  He'd be standing in the lawn at the Kennedy compund goin' 'ah-ah-ah there's a bullet in my ahss. ah-ah-ah'--Denis Leary, No Cure for Cancer 
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies