Can someone explain the PA13 thread?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:30:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Can someone explain the PA13 thread?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Can someone explain the PA13 thread?  (Read 14288 times)
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2005, 04:17:20 AM »

I actually think that Brown losing by 4pts in 2002 was more fluke-ish than last year's result but...

She focused on the important issues up here. Wait and see Schwartz's voting record. She will have a record further to the left than your average PA 13 voter.

For the millionth time she whipped out Section 8 housing at the last second, an issue Borski nor any of the 4 (5 prior to 2000) Republican State Reps in NE Philly went nowhere near.  I think Al was right in saying that 4 points was a fluke.  That's why NE Philly was close in 2002.  Do you think people forgot about the issue in 2004?  Of course not!  We just exercised more common sense going into the booth this time and took ALL of the issues into consideration.  People in 2002 were not thinking about Bush's economy, etc. back then.  I've said it before and I'll say it again- Proof is in the pudding!

She campaigned on it and that's a main reason why she came so close. People care about that issue. It wasn't emphasized this time and she lost NE Philly big because of that.

"Out of sight, out of mind" is what I say. Yes people know about the Section 8 problem. Yes they care deeply about it and want it fixed. However, when it's not emphasized, they don't think the candidates care about it.

Most people watched the ridiculous ads that Schwartz put up and said "Oh no. That Melissa Brown lady is sleazy. She's a negative campaigner." Yeah right Schwartz campaign. Do you know how many mailers I saw early on in this campaign that unfairly blasted Brown? Another big thing was straight Dem voting. If the big issues were stressed here, the straight Dem vote wouldn't have been as strong.

WAH! FOGLIANI! WAH! STRAIGHT DEM! WAH! SPECTER!  WAH! SCHWARTZ CALLED BROWN SLEAZY!  WAH! SCHWARTZ SENT OUT BAD MAILINGS!  When does it end for you?  Can you just accept the fact you live in a modearte left-leaning  district that voted Schwartz?  Are you not happy the GOP has a virtual lock on every branch of government?  Are you not happy the GOP controlled legislature can unfairly custom gerrymander Pennsylvania's Congressional districts into chopped liver for their favor?  You accuse me for acting like a five year old, but to be honest with you- LOOK IN THE MIRROR! 

I enjoy discussing PA 13 and the Senate races with you, but for crying out loud I'm going to have to agree with some other Forum members here.  This goes on and on and it's making me nauseous.  I could whine about Bush or Fitzpatrick and Ginny Schrader being a weak candidate as much as you complain about Brown losing, but I don't go anywhere near it as much as you.  I thought my only consolation on election night was Lois Murphy winning PA 6 and Jim Eisenhower, but the next morning even those were taken away to add insult to injury!  Bush and Fitz won- I got over it(well generally).   
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2005, 11:25:07 AM »

I actually think that Brown losing by 4pts in 2002 was more fluke-ish than last year's result but...

She focused on the important issues up here. Wait and see Schwartz's voting record. She will have a record further to the left than your average PA 13 voter.

For the millionth time she whipped out Section 8 housing at the last second, an issue Borski nor any of the 4 (5 prior to 2000) Republican State Reps in NE Philly went nowhere near.  I think Al was right in saying that 4 points was a fluke.  That's why NE Philly was close in 2002.  Do you think people forgot about the issue in 2004?  Of course not!  We just exercised more common sense going into the booth this time and took ALL of the issues into consideration.  People in 2002 were not thinking about Bush's economy, etc. back then.  I've said it before and I'll say it again- Proof is in the pudding!

She campaigned on it and that's a main reason why she came so close. People care about that issue. It wasn't emphasized this time and she lost NE Philly big because of that.

"Out of sight, out of mind" is what I say. Yes people know about the Section 8 problem. Yes they care deeply about it and want it fixed. However, when it's not emphasized, they don't think the candidates care about it.

Most people watched the ridiculous ads that Schwartz put up and said "Oh no. That Melissa Brown lady is sleazy. She's a negative campaigner." Yeah right Schwartz campaign. Do you know how many mailers I saw early on in this campaign that unfairly blasted Brown? Another big thing was straight Dem voting. If the big issues were stressed here, the straight Dem vote wouldn't have been as strong.

WAH! FOGLIANI! WAH! STRAIGHT DEM! WAH! SPECTER!  WAH! SCHWARTZ CALLED BROWN SLEAZY!  WAH! SCHWARTZ SENT OUT BAD MAILINGS!  When does it end for you?  Can you just accept the fact you live in a modearte left-leaning  district that voted Schwartz?  Are you not happy the GOP has a virtual lock on every branch of government?  Are you not happy the GOP controlled legislature can unfairly custom gerrymander Pennsylvania's Congressional districts into chopped liver for their favor?  You accuse me for acting like a five year old, but to be honest with you- LOOK IN THE MIRROR! 

I enjoy discussing PA 13 and the Senate races with you, but for crying out loud I'm going to have to agree with some other Forum members here.  This goes on and on and it's making me nauseous.  I could whine about Bush or Fitzpatrick and Ginny Schrader being a weak candidate as much as you complain about Brown losing, but I don't go anywhere near it as much as you.  I thought my only consolation on election night was Lois Murphy winning PA 6 and Jim Eisenhower, but the next morning even those were taken away to add insult to injury!  Bush and Fitz won- I got over it(well generally).   

Grow up. I love how you can cry about that little joke Brendan Boyle but won't listen to the fact that Schwartz got lucky in this race. I conduct myself in a mature manner when I complain about mistakes with the Brown campaign. You can't get a point across and make a "funny" picture. You're also eight years old than me. Time to grow up, pal.

I have gotten over that race. What I complain about is the fact that you think this district loves Allyson Schwartz. What I complain about is the fact that you have to poke fun at someone when you can't get your point across. I know you hate the fact that I joined this forum to counter the BS that you post about this area but hey...GET OVER IT!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2005, 11:33:58 AM »

Can you just accept the fact you live in a modearte left-leaning  district that voted Schwartz? 

I guess I could ask you if you can just accept the fact that little Brendan was rejected by 18 points after being hailed as the next Democratic State Rep last year. I hope Brendan runs again but wouldn't it interfere with his school work?

(You want to make this into a nasty debate, I can play along. When you want to return to a civil debate, tell me.)
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2005, 02:18:05 PM »

I don't know if I should respond, but hell I will.  You repeat the same stuff over and over about Fogliani and straight Dem voting, but can't acknowledge the fact you live in a left-leaning district, so you have to pout and repeat the same stuff over again.  I'm sorry, but it's getting annoying.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2005, 02:21:30 PM »

Oh and by the way, how often have I mentioned Brendan?  I could whine about Kenney having funding 10 to 1 over him, but I won't.  I don't think it was much.  I'm focusing on 2006 and ousting Rick Santorum.  I've moved on.  When will you?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2005, 02:21:55 PM »

I don't know if I should respond, but hell I will.  You repeat the same stuff over and over about Fogliani and straight Dem voting, but can't acknowledge the fact you live in a left-leaning district, so you have to pout and repeat the same stuff over again.  I'm sorry, but it's getting annoying.

It's the reason Brown lost in my opinion! I don't care if you think it's annoying. I hear your complaints about Brendan and those bad unions who backed Kenney all the time.

PA 13 is a centrist district. NE Philly leans right socially and Montco leans left socially. Economically, NE Philly is left and you could make a case that Montco leans right. That's my opinion of this district.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2005, 02:24:16 PM »

Oh and by the way, how often have I mentioned Brendan?  I could whine about Kenney having funding 10 to 1 over him, but I won't.  I don't think it was much.  I'm focusing on 2006 and ousting Rick Santorum.  I've moved on.  When will you?

I have moved on. You have mentioned Brendan quite often to me. You could whine about Kenney having funding 10 to 1 over him and you have. That's fine. But what I don't understand is why I can't complain.

Last time I checked this thread was about PA 13 so of course I end up discussing my feelings on the campaign.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2005, 02:27:05 PM »

It can't be a complete centrist district as it voted over 55% for Gore and almost certainly voted similarly for Kerry. That would make it a left center district. PA-15 or 7 would be centrist districts.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2005, 02:33:08 PM »

It can't be a complete centrist district as it voted over 55% for Gore and almost certainly voted similarly for Kerry. That would make it a left center district. PA-15 or 7 would be centrist districts.

PA 15? A centrist district? Do me a favor and talk about  your own state and local politics because you know nothing about this area.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2005, 02:33:37 PM »

It voted almost 50/50 for both Gore and Kerry. Sounds centrist to me.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2005, 02:34:37 PM »

And you still refuse to accept that when it comes to national elections, voters in this state usually go with their party's nominee. You don't understand the people or the area, BRTD.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2005, 02:35:58 PM »

And you still refuse to accept that when it comes to national elections, voters in this state usually go with their party's nominee. You don't understand the people or the area, BRTD.

I saw the registration numbers for Montgomery county once. Republicans had an almost 2:1 advantage. Who won it?

I also ask why someone is who completely conservative would be an ultra-partisan Democrat who would vote for their party's nominee who they agree with on absolutely nothing just because they're a Democrat, and vice-versa for Republicans.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2005, 02:39:44 PM »

I saw the registration numbers for Montgomery county once. Republicans had an almost 2:1 advantage. Who won it?

I also ask why someone is who completely conservative would be an ultra-partisan Democrat who would vote for their party's nominee who they agree with on absolutely nothing just because they're a Democrat, and vice-versa for Republicans.

1) Kerry and Gore both won Montco. The area is trending Democrat. The Montco GOP, once considered one of the best in the nation, is falling apart. Montco has been an exception to the partisan voting idea. However, with the rest of the state it is clear, especially out in western PA.

2) Ask the voters themselves.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2005, 02:44:30 PM »

1) Kerry and Gore both won Montco. The area is trending Democrat. The Montco GOP, once considered one of the best in the nation, is falling apart. Montco has been an exception to the partisan voting idea. However, with the rest of the state it is clear, especially out in western PA.

1) Like Westmoreland or Greene counties?

2) There is one PA person on this forum out of place with his party, that being bullmoose. And he did not vote for Bush.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2005, 02:49:09 PM »

1) Like Westmoreland or Greene counties?

2) There is one PA person on this forum out of place with his party, that being bullmoose. And he did not vote for Bush.

1) Three counties don't dictate what the whole state does, BRTD. They, along with Montco, are exceptions.

2) And I acknowledge that that stuff does happen but I'd say that most Pennsylvanians are very partisan when it comes to national elections. If they weren't, the GOP would probably win here most of the time.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2005, 02:54:12 PM »

Bullmoose is an obnoxious Democrat who refuses to change his avatar to the correct party.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies