what do you make of this George Soros interview? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:38:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  what do you make of this George Soros interview? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: what do you make of this George Soros interview?  (Read 2062 times)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: May 08, 2012, 11:34:12 AM »

from the 20 December 1998 broadcast of 60 Minutes:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 12:08:51 PM »

I'm not quite comfortable with the implication that surviving the Holocaust is something one should feel quilty about.

even if you aided the Nazis?
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 12:39:24 PM »

c) How many came out of the Death Camps as morally pure as they had entered them? As Primo Levi explores at length in his works, part of the KZ's perversion was that they forced you to be a wolf to your fellow man if you were interested in in survival. 'Survivor Guilt' is a well-documented phenomenon

quilt is not a problem for Soros:

KROFT: Went out, in fact, and helped in the confiscation of property from the Jews.

Mr. SOROS: Yes. That's right. Yes.

KROFT: I mean, that's -- that sounds like an experience that would send lots of people to the psychiatric couch for many, many years. Was it difficult?

Mr. SOROS: Not -- not at all. Not at all. Maybe as a child you don't -- you don't see the connection. But it was -- it created no -- no problem at all.

KROFT: No feeling of guilt?

Mr. SOROS: No.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 01:06:27 PM »

Again, you seem to imply that he should feel guilty. You seem to imply that Holocaust Survivor X should feel guilty about the bread he took from his dying fellow inmate, that one should feel guilty for whatever little acts of betrayal were necessary for survival. What exactly did Soros do that he should feel guilty about? He carried around a bit of furniture.

And using the Holocaust to beat on political opponents within the confines of the little game of parliamentary politics is beyond the pale. Just so you know.

Soros' ex-wife claimed Soros' parents were anti-Jewish and that Soros' mother did not like her because she was open about being Jewish.  Soros agreed with his ex-wife's account in his biography and even referred to his own mother as a “Jewish Anti-Semite”.

So, not only did he feel "no guilt" in helping the Nazis loot Jewish property, but he and his parents felt guilt about being Jewish.  They didn't like their fellow Jews, nor did they like being Jewish.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 01:40:52 PM »

Soros is a pretty disgusting person, but this is a pretty minor part of how and why, considering it was the [Inks]ing Holocaust and all.

yeah, but don't you think it strange that his family didn't like being Jewish, nor did they like Jews who were openly Jewish...and then he feels no guilt in help the Nazis loot Jewish property.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies