what do you make of this George Soros interview? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:49:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  what do you make of this George Soros interview? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: what do you make of this George Soros interview?  (Read 2057 times)
Redalgo
United States

« on: May 08, 2012, 02:34:07 PM »
« edited: May 08, 2012, 02:48:03 PM by Redalgo »

I do not consider anything in the interview controversial. It makes sense some folks might if they were to believe we each have a duty to our perceived national or ethnic group which transcends self-interest, but he was a young teen thrust into an environment quite different than our own. I reckon making himself a martyr at the time based on principle or beating himself up about it later on would not have brought about anything positive for anybody involved. Could he have acted a bit differently at the time without putting himself in grave danger, or at the least in hindsight felt differently about the ordeal? Sure. Still, I'm not going to pass judgment on a bloke on account of how his parents felt about the Jewish people, what he did as a kid when he wasn't truly hurting anybody, or look down on him because he doesn't regret not being more FF'ish as a minor while trying to keep a low profile to avoid persecution by a very nasty, violently-repressive regime.

Without having lived under such conditions myself I am really in no position to speculate with confidence whether I, despite being one who regrets a lot of things, would have done or felt anything differently. Aside from that, however, I know little about Soros and do not have firm opinions about him so please realize this is not any sort of quick rush to an ally's defense. Smile
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies