Can someone explain the PA13 thread? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:20:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Can someone explain the PA13 thread? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Can someone explain the PA13 thread?  (Read 14369 times)
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« on: January 20, 2005, 03:08:32 AM »

BRTD, I was not expectin this much of a Schwartz landslide.  Also, after the night of the primary, I was worried about this district going GOP due to Schwartz beating Torsella.  Being from NE Philly I thought Torsella would be a more appealing candidate for us.  I knew I was pretty much voting Schwartz if she did win, but even I had doubts.  I could commend Brown for being vocal on Section 8 housing and it defintiely had me looking at her considering Joe Torsella, the other Dem in the 2004 primary took mention of it.  Schwartz did not and it had me worried.  Overall though, I could have never voted Brown though. 

Keystone, please I'm begging you get over the fact PA 13 and NE Philly is more left than you think it is.  Also, stop whining about Fogliani.  Brown was terrible, there was little Fogliani could do about it. 
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2005, 02:13:31 PM »

I actually think that Brown losing by 4pts in 2002 was more fluke-ish than last year's result but...

She focused on the important issues up here. Wait and see Schwartz's voting record. She will have a record further to the left than your average PA 13 voter.

For the millionth time she whipped out Section 8 housing at the last second, an issue Borski nor any of the 4 (5 prior to 2000) Republican State Reps in NE Philly went nowhere near.  I think Al was right in saying that 4 points was a fluke.  That's why NE Philly was close in 2002.  Do you think people forgot about the issue in 2004?  Of course not!  We just exercised more common sense going into the booth this time and took ALL of the issues into consideration.  People in 2002 were not thinking about Bush's economy, etc. back then.  I've said it before and I'll say it again- Proof is in the pudding!
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2005, 04:17:20 AM »

I actually think that Brown losing by 4pts in 2002 was more fluke-ish than last year's result but...

She focused on the important issues up here. Wait and see Schwartz's voting record. She will have a record further to the left than your average PA 13 voter.

For the millionth time she whipped out Section 8 housing at the last second, an issue Borski nor any of the 4 (5 prior to 2000) Republican State Reps in NE Philly went nowhere near.  I think Al was right in saying that 4 points was a fluke.  That's why NE Philly was close in 2002.  Do you think people forgot about the issue in 2004?  Of course not!  We just exercised more common sense going into the booth this time and took ALL of the issues into consideration.  People in 2002 were not thinking about Bush's economy, etc. back then.  I've said it before and I'll say it again- Proof is in the pudding!

She campaigned on it and that's a main reason why she came so close. People care about that issue. It wasn't emphasized this time and she lost NE Philly big because of that.

"Out of sight, out of mind" is what I say. Yes people know about the Section 8 problem. Yes they care deeply about it and want it fixed. However, when it's not emphasized, they don't think the candidates care about it.

Most people watched the ridiculous ads that Schwartz put up and said "Oh no. That Melissa Brown lady is sleazy. She's a negative campaigner." Yeah right Schwartz campaign. Do you know how many mailers I saw early on in this campaign that unfairly blasted Brown? Another big thing was straight Dem voting. If the big issues were stressed here, the straight Dem vote wouldn't have been as strong.

WAH! FOGLIANI! WAH! STRAIGHT DEM! WAH! SPECTER!  WAH! SCHWARTZ CALLED BROWN SLEAZY!  WAH! SCHWARTZ SENT OUT BAD MAILINGS!  When does it end for you?  Can you just accept the fact you live in a modearte left-leaning  district that voted Schwartz?  Are you not happy the GOP has a virtual lock on every branch of government?  Are you not happy the GOP controlled legislature can unfairly custom gerrymander Pennsylvania's Congressional districts into chopped liver for their favor?  You accuse me for acting like a five year old, but to be honest with you- LOOK IN THE MIRROR! 

I enjoy discussing PA 13 and the Senate races with you, but for crying out loud I'm going to have to agree with some other Forum members here.  This goes on and on and it's making me nauseous.  I could whine about Bush or Fitzpatrick and Ginny Schrader being a weak candidate as much as you complain about Brown losing, but I don't go anywhere near it as much as you.  I thought my only consolation on election night was Lois Murphy winning PA 6 and Jim Eisenhower, but the next morning even those were taken away to add insult to injury!  Bush and Fitz won- I got over it(well generally).   
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2005, 02:18:05 PM »

I don't know if I should respond, but hell I will.  You repeat the same stuff over and over about Fogliani and straight Dem voting, but can't acknowledge the fact you live in a left-leaning district, so you have to pout and repeat the same stuff over again.  I'm sorry, but it's getting annoying.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2005, 02:21:30 PM »

Oh and by the way, how often have I mentioned Brendan?  I could whine about Kenney having funding 10 to 1 over him, but I won't.  I don't think it was much.  I'm focusing on 2006 and ousting Rick Santorum.  I've moved on.  When will you?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies