Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 18, 2014, 04:41:52 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  2012 Elections
| | |-+  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Tender Branson, Sheriff Buford TX Justice)
| | | |-+  PPP/Kos: Obama by 3 nationally, Republicans want Rubio as VP
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: PPP/Kos: Obama by 3 nationally, Republicans want Rubio as VP  (Read 469 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
YaBB God
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -6.09

View Profile
« on: May 08, 2012, 01:38:49 pm »

Daily Kos/SEIU Weekly State of the Nation Poll
Public Policy Polling, 1000 registered voters, MoE ±3.1%, May 3, 2012 - May 6, 2012.

48-45 Obama/Romney

45-50 Obama Approval

47-48 Obama Favorables
39-48 Romney Favorables

Dems: 62% Very excited about voting
GOP: 53% Very excited about voting
Indies: 43% Very excited about voting

VP pick (among Republicans only, n=350):

25% Rubio
19% Christie
16% Bush
  8% Ryan
  6% Brewer
  4% Martinez
  3% Portman
  0% Ayotte
18% Undecided

Sample:

38% D, 35% R, 26% I

http://dailykos.com/weeklypolling/2012/5/3
NVGonzalez
antwnzrr
YaBB God
Mexico

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 01:42:51 pm »
Ignore

So Obama is up by 7 in IA an OH but only 3 nationally? What is this sorcery?

Bernie would probably win Vermont if Obama were deemed to have more than 272 evs in the vag.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 01:48:39 pm »
Ignore

Republicans want Rubio at the top of the ticket, not playing 2nd fiddle to Romney.

Do not fight with one another over my banning.  I've enjoyed the time I have spent with all of you, but the time really has come for me to leave.  It is what I want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9Y_GLT4_9I

I looked over Jordan, and what did I see?
Coming for to carry me home,
A band of angels coming after me,
Coming for to carry me home.

Swing low, sweet chariot,
Coming for to carry me home.
krazen1211
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 01:57:20 pm »
Ignore

Sorcery is not oversampling Democrats.
greenforest32
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.43

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 02:13:17 pm »
Ignore

Too bad Florida has a gubernatorial appointment for Senate vacancies: http://www.ncsl.org/legislatures-elections/elections/vacancies-in-the-united-states-senate.aspx

In the following 36 states, the governor makes an appointment to fill a U.S. Senate vacancy, and the appointee serves until the next regularly-scheduled, statewide general election.  The person elected at that next regularly-held general election serves for the remainder of the unexpired term, if any.  If the term was set to expire at that general election, the person elected serves a full six-year term.

If I'm reading things right, picking Rubio for VP would trigger an election for his senate seat in November 2012 right?
oakvale
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 02:15:05 pm »
Ignore

Too bad Florida has a gubernatorial appointment for Senate vacancies: http://www.ncsl.org/legislatures-elections/elections/vacancies-in-the-united-states-senate.aspx

In the following 36 states, the governor makes an appointment to fill a U.S. Senate vacancy, and the appointee serves until the next regularly-scheduled, statewide general election.  The person elected at that next regularly-held general election serves for the remainder of the unexpired term, if any.  If the term was set to expire at that general election, the person elected serves a full six-year term.

If I'm reading things right, picking Rubio for VP would trigger an election for his senate seat in November 2012 right?

I don't think Florida has a resign-to-run law, or at least not one that applies to federal offices.

cavalcade
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -3.13

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 02:40:51 pm »
Ignore

All the pollsters seem to have this election closer nationally than their state-level results imply.
Lowly Griff
Adam Griffin
YaBB God
Greece

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2012, 01:32:50 am »
Ignore

Dems: 62% Very excited about voting
GOP: 53% Very excited about voting

Yes.

In the following 36 states, the governor makes an appointment to fill a U.S. Senate vacancy, and the appointee serves until the next regularly-scheduled, statewide general election.  The person elected at that next regularly-held general election serves for the remainder of the unexpired term, if any.  If the term was set to expire at that general election, the person elected serves a full six-year term.

I don't think Florida has a resign-to-run law, or at least not one that applies to federal offices.

I'm fairly certain that anyone running for federal office - from any state - is exempt from any state's resign-to-run laws.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 01:35:56 am by Mittosis »Logged

I don't have to meet a certain standard in order for God to allow me into heaven.

Cisgender is a nonsense word invented by the Jewish Left-Wing Press to help spread neoliberal ideals and recruit young children into homosexualism.
King
intermoderate
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2012, 01:34:21 am »
Ignore

Sorcery is not oversampling Democrats.

63% of Democrats are excited; 53% of Republicans are.  The likely voter model should be R+x because...

Mr. Morden
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2012, 03:00:55 am »
Ignore

No, because Rubio wouldn't resign his senate seat unless he's actually elected VP.  If Romney/Rubio wins, then Rubio resigns his senate seat in December or January before being sworn in as VP on Jan. 20.  Scott picks a replacement who serves until Nov. 2014, when the seat is put up for election for someone to serve out the remaining two years of the term for that seat.

HOG & Blondie: A Tale of Atlas Future

What is your opinion of this thread?

Watch Dave being briefed by the mods.

Being a moderator is basically like one giant party.  Except you're the one ruining the party and everyone hates you.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout