Mourdock defeats Lugar (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:14:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Mourdock defeats Lugar (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mourdock defeats Lugar  (Read 8772 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« on: May 08, 2012, 09:16:05 PM »

I'd encourage anyone who thinks Lugar is a corrupt politician who doesn't care about Indiana to watch the concession speech Lugar gave tonight. There isn't a man in the world who's more committed to improving this state than Richard Lugar is.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 09:28:58 PM »

No, of course I'm not fully serious. However, Donnelly has an outside shot now.
Well, Democrats have a right to be very happy after tonight. It'll be an interesting race, but I think Donnelly will have a real chance. Mourdock has been quoted saying that bi-partisanship is the reason we're in this current mess, which likely won't go over too well with Independent voters. There may have been enough conservative (Tea Party) Republicans to give him the GOP nomination, but he's going to have to win a decent chunk of Independents as well if he wants to win this state.

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 09:31:19 PM »

Ideological reasons were a minor part of why Lugar lost. Age, residency and length of service were more like it.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/post/why-dick-lugar-lost/2012/05/09/gIQAj9cfCU_blog.html
Hmm...

Let me just say this - If Dick Lugar had the voting record of say, Jim Demint, and he hadn't been respectful and friendly with Obama, he would be spending today planning how to beat Joe Donnelly in the fall.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 10:08:22 PM »

Does anyone know if Dan Coats endorsed in this race?
No. But he has little influence in the party anyways, so it would have made little difference.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies