Mourdock defeats Lugar (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:19:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Mourdock defeats Lugar (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mourdock defeats Lugar  (Read 8769 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« on: May 08, 2012, 10:14:36 PM »
« edited: May 08, 2012, 10:20:07 PM by ○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└ »

D+0.5

Of course what a choice, a conservative Democrat and the candidate that the crazies who thought that a right-winger was too moderate picked.

I don't really care that Lugar lost, but why do I have the feeling that those who were whining about Lieberman's primary challenge don't care about this? There's really a double standard when it comes to primaries. A lot of primary challenges in the Democratic party are actually from the right (like Ed Case).  

Liberal Democratic challenger = bad.
Conservative Democratic challenger = good.  
Liberal Republican challenger = empty set.
Conservative Republican challenger = good.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 12:24:49 AM »

Ideological reasons were a minor part of why Lugar lost. Age, residency and length of service were more like it.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/post/why-dick-lugar-lost/2012/05/09/gIQAj9cfCU_blog.html
Hmm...

Let me just say this - If Dick Lugar had the voting record of say, Jim Demint, and he hadn't been respectful and friendly with Obama, he would be spending today planning how to beat Joe Donnelly in the fall.

The rest of the GOP Senate caucus ought to ponder this.

Oh yeah, it's certainly been an Obama lovefest in the Republican Senate caucus with their nonstop filibusters of everything.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies