Obama beats a federal prisoner by less than 20% in the West Virginia D. Primary. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:16:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Obama beats a federal prisoner by less than 20% in the West Virginia D. Primary. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama beats a federal prisoner by less than 20% in the West Virginia D. Primary.  (Read 8914 times)
timothyinMD

« on: May 09, 2012, 10:33:52 AM »

And you guys wonder why I said Obama wont even break 30% in West Virginia this November.

The 41% for Judd is wholly dislike of Obama.  Pretty funny.

Mingo County has 17K registered Dems and only 3K registered Repubs.  Closed primary, so of course Dems have a higher turnout.  Statewide it's 53% Dem and just 27% Repub.

Obama had been the first Democrat to lose Mingo since McGovern in 72. 
timothyinMD

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 02:53:26 PM »

Obama isn't winning a single county in November.

Probably not.  He won 7 counties in 2008, including Morgantown's (WVU) Monongalia, Jefferson in the Eastern Panhandle and some Southern West Virginia counties that have voted Democratic for decades.  My guess is he'll still win a few counties.  It will be interesting to see if the coal country holdouts that voted for Obama in 2008 flip this time, given Obama's anti-coal policies. 

If they didn't flip in 2008, they're not flipping this year. Given current polling and Obama's more populist campaign, he'll get 44-45% in West Virginia, which obviously is bad for a Democrat but marginally better than 2008.

44-45%  I actually laughed out loud when I read that
timothyinMD

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 09:58:03 AM »

That seems completely reasonable, given that it's barely an increase from 2008.

You Democrats who actually think Obama will improve in West Virginia are beyond delusional.  You're down right loony. 
timothyinMD

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 10:32:29 AM »

There is ample evidence that Obama will plummet in WV, we just don't know how much.
Gallup lists his approval in WV at 32.7%  That's a 10.5% drop from his vote share just right there.  I think it's likely that WV will have pitiful turnout this November.  Those who are regular Dems who don't like Obama will either vote Romney or stay home most likely

I think he'll probably get around 31% in WV, but win no counties

That seems completely reasonable, given that it's barely an increase from 2008.

You Democrats who actually think Obama will improve in West Virginia are beyond delusional.  You're down right loony. 

They really are.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies