Obama Backs Gay Marriage! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:45:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Obama Backs Gay Marriage! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama Backs Gay Marriage!  (Read 33113 times)
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« on: May 09, 2012, 02:22:04 PM »

YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 02:30:08 PM »

His reelection fate is sealed.

Uh, no.  People who vote on the gay marriage issue alone and oppose it weren't going to vote for him, anyway, especially since his true feelings on this issue were generally assumed prior to this.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 03:45:05 PM »

It will be great when society moves off this issue, but the liberals are simply going to keep inventing new minorities. Homosexuals, transexuals, don't tell me this ain't a slippery slope.

...We invented minorities?  That's, um, interesting.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 04:04:33 PM »

Another reason why he must be removed, anything to steal the spotlight from the Tea Parties victory in Indiana. Good job North Carolina in banning gay marriage. Indiana will be doing so in 2014.

The Tea Party is one of the reasons Romney will lose, and also why the GOP is becoming completely irrelevant outside the south. So enjoy that victory while you can.

I never thought I would find myself in agreement with one of your posts on anything.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 04:09:39 PM »

It's funny, some of what I'm reading here.  Just recently it was about how social issues shouldn't be discussed because people are more concerned about the economy, and now it's about how openly coming out in support of gay marriage will hurt him because people are going to base their votes off this issue all under the assumption they didn't suspect him of supporting gay rights prior to this.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012, 05:29:59 PM »

Good. Obama's taking a minority stance on this issue, and this could be something Romney needs to fire up conservatives. Also, this takes away Obama's ability to attack Romney for being a flip-flopper without looking like a complete hypocrite.

Not really.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2012, 05:56:17 PM »

Good. Obama's taking a minority stance on this issue, and this could be something Romney needs to fire up conservatives. Also, this takes away Obama's ability to attack Romney for being a flip-flopper without looking like a complete hypocrite.

Not really.

Notice how the opposition grew when President George Walker Bush made it a campaign issue in 2004. We have to do that again. I'm telling ya...if we run from social issues, we lose. If we stand our ground, we win.

Of course it would probably be a 270 electoral vote win and a popular vote loss where Obama loses but still receives millions of more votes than Romney and racial division is increased, but yeah...

But even the chart shows that it didn't increase very significantly.  It's pretty unlikely that the overall trend is going to just reverse at any time.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies