Obama Backs Gay Marriage! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:58:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Obama Backs Gay Marriage! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama Backs Gay Marriage!  (Read 33103 times)
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« on: May 09, 2012, 04:30:34 PM »

It will be great when society moves off this issue, but the liberals are simply going to keep inventing new minorities. Homosexuals, transexuals, don't tell me this ain't a slippery slope.

It's the minorities who are 'inventing' themselves, thank you, and...I mean, no, this isn't a slippery slope, or at least there's no reason why it has to be. Why should it be? We've been in the process of reevaluating the issue of gender roles and their implications, which is a specific issue and not some sort of locus of unrelated affairs, for a couple of centuries now.

Looks like Obama alienated about half the hispanic votes in key swing states.  Oh, and I thought Romney was a flip flopper on issues, Obama supporters can be hypocrites at times.

Hispanics support gay marriage at about the same rate as non-Hispanic whites these days.

"Gender roles", another ridiculous term. People can't change gender roles, people also don't define them. Those gender roles exist because of human nature, and people aren't going to change that, no matter how much they try to manipulate it.
As I understand this, you support women going back to the kitchen?
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 04:37:19 PM »

It will be great when society moves off this issue, but the liberals are simply going to keep inventing new minorities. Homosexuals, transexuals, don't tell me this ain't a slippery slope.

It's the minorities who are 'inventing' themselves, thank you, and...I mean, no, this isn't a slippery slope, or at least there's no reason why it has to be. Why should it be? We've been in the process of reevaluating the issue of gender roles and their implications, which is a specific issue and not some sort of locus of unrelated affairs, for a couple of centuries now.

Looks like Obama alienated about half the hispanic votes in key swing states.  Oh, and I thought Romney was a flip flopper on issues, Obama supporters can be hypocrites at times.

Hispanics support gay marriage at about the same rate as non-Hispanic whites these days.

"Gender roles", another ridiculous term. People can't change gender roles, people also don't define them. Those gender roles exist because of human nature, and people aren't going to change that, no matter how much they try to manipulate it.
As I understand this, you support women going back to the kitchen?

No. However, I do recognize that women are better suited to be homemakers then men.
Never mind the fact that best chefs are male.

Back on topic: I think this will actually make Obama more electable, minorities will vote for him anyway, but more of those Suburban country-club Virginia & Colorado voters are more likely to vote for him.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 10:06:29 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIPfQ-HtYeM
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 03:21:36 AM »

So he finally got tired of being to the right of Andrew Cuomo?
I don't think Obama wants to cut taxes as much as Cuomo does.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies