Obama Backs Gay Marriage! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:31:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Obama Backs Gay Marriage! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama Backs Gay Marriage!  (Read 33064 times)
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: May 09, 2012, 02:32:34 PM »

Wonderful Smiley

Romney's 180 turn on this will make for an interesting topic come the debates.
I don't think he's turning anymore; I think he's just become an amorphous blob:

Moderator: Do you support gay marriage?

Obama: Yes.

Romney: Well, um, uh, well, I, um, certainly support the, um, gay and lesbian, um, well...I'd like to pass on this one, Bob.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 09:12:52 PM »

To be fair... support doesn't equal troll... completely over and under estimating the impact of something either makes you deranged or a troll.

Changing a public position on one issue doesn't somehow negate Romney's inability to present a coherent or consistent public position on pretty much anything.

So I call it a flip flop and you call me a troll.  Actually, you are the troll for levelling the accusation at me.
While I do admit that this seems rather flip-floppy to me (and probably many others), this is an issue that a) many Americans have been 'flip-flopping' over time, especially in the last decade, and b) you're one to talk about a candidate flip-flopping, especially on social issues.

Also, you messed up who's and whose in large red font.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 07:53:28 AM »

I would've sided with King and the Civil Rights movement back in the 1960's and he'd be siding with me now on marriage.

Perhaps you'd like to hear what Coretta Scott King has to say about the subject?  Perhaps I'm wrong, but I reckon she knew more about what he'd think than you do...

Her and MLK disagreed about many an issue. Ask his niece Alvea. On this the left is on the wrong side of history. So come out of your freedom hating delusion.
I'm not sure how the freedom to marry is anti-free.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies