What % of the Hispanic Vote does Romney need in order to win the election?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:38:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  What % of the Hispanic Vote does Romney need in order to win the election?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What % of the Hispanic Vote does Romney need in order to win the election?  (Read 459 times)
hopper
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 09, 2012, 05:31:30 PM »

Does anybody know what % of the Hispanic Vote that Ronmney needs in order to win the election?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 05:36:38 PM »

There will be a slight variance between states, plus the difference in each state's non-Latino results will make a difference. Nationally though, I'd say around 40%, give or take a couple of points.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 05:40:12 PM »

Nationally, I'd say about 35%.
hopper
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 05:48:16 PM »

He is hard pressed to get that but Obama is kinda hard pressed to win the 40% of the white vote that he needs to win I think. The white vote and the hispanic may cancel each other out maybe in the end. Maybe it will depends on at that point what % of the black vote that Romney needs to win which still isn't good news for Romney.
hopper
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 05:55:21 PM »

There will be a slight variance between states, plus the difference in each state's non-Latino results will make a difference. Nationally though, I'd say around 40%, give or take a couple of points.
Yeah I have heard in the past thats what the GOP targets to get around 40% of the Hispanic Vote. They did get 38% of the Hispanic Vote in the 2010 cycle. It will be hard for the GOP to get 40% this time around because of Romney's extreme right hard line on immigration reform. Add in the Arizona Immigration Law too and Obama declaring last summer I think that he won't deport non-criminal illegal immigrants.

I think Romney will get around what McCain got of the Hispanic Vote in 2008(31%.)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012, 06:09:13 PM »

Maybe as low as 25% (the AZ thing mostly, or some other places at the margins that may be really tight, like VA).  In essence, Romney may not need them at all, putting aside the Florida Cubans. Maybe. Or he may need 40% (which he probably won't get) if he has to carry Colorado.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies