Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 22, 2014, 08:29:12 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections
| |-+  Atlas Fantasy Government
| | |-+  Regional Governments (Moderator: Gustaf)
| | | |-+  NE1: Northeast Annals Act [Signed]
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: NE1: Northeast Annals Act [Signed]  (Read 646 times)
AverroŽs Nix
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« on: May 10, 2012, 10:42:13 am »
Ignore

Northeastern Annals Act

1. A thread will be opened and stickied in the Regional Governments board containing information relevant to the Northeast Region.  This thread will contain the following information, and will be updated as frequently as possible:
    A. A list of elected officials in the Northeast Region, including the Regional Senator.
    B. A brief description of the Northeast Region's government.
    C. A calendar with dates for all regional elections.
    D. A list of all passed, failed, and tabled legislation, with links to the relevant discussions.
    D. Any other information that is useful and relevant, as determined by the updater
    E. A list of references, including the New Northeast Constitution
2. The Northeast Speaker is charged with updating the Northeastern Annals, though he or she may delegate this duty if necessary.

Adapted from Yelnoc's Imperial Almanac Establishment Act

Sponsor: AverroŽs Nix
Debate time: 72 hours (until approximately 12 noon, Sunday, 5/13)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 03:19:26 pm by AverroŽs Nix »Logged

AverroŽs Nix
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 10:51:08 am »
Ignore

As you have probably noticed, Napoleon has updated the Vital Civic Information Thread since I introduced this legislation without being aware of the VCIT.

However, I've decided not to table my proposal, so that we can discuss how we'd like to manage this thread and what kind of information should be included in it. I wish that we could direct new members toward the wiki, and for certain things (e.g. New NE Constitution), this is fine. But with regard to current office-holders and passed legislation, the wiki is woefully out of date.

Furthermore, I would prefer that the thread be stickied, and I believe that the Assembly should require this in law. (As I write this, the VCIT has been stickied. Still, I think that this status should be required by law.)

I am open to any changes to this bill - and will probably introduce several myself as debate begins. (I do prefer my name to the clinical and awkward status quo, but I'd understand if other Representatives wanted to keep it.)

Also, it would be helpful if anyone could provide a link to the earlier legislation that established the Vital Civic Information Thread, which I've been unable to find.

Thanks for your time, everyone.

GM Napoleon
Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 10:54:45 am »
Ignore

I agree with the Speaker's decision not to table this proposal. I might suggest making this an amendment to the standing legislation. http://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Vital_civic_information_act

I would be open to maintaining the thread until I get bored of it. Having new threads will be difficult because this board has no moderator to stick threads. I had to bug Nym. Tongue

I added the SOAP to this thread for easy access purposes.

When I was in the third grade, I thought that I was Jewish
Because I could count, my nose was big, and I kept my bank account fullish
I told my mom, tears blurring my vision
He said, "Mort, you've loved God since before circumcision"
AverroŽs Nix
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 10:59:51 am »
Ignore

SOAP definitely belongs on the required references list.

I'll amend my proposal accordingly:

E. A list of references, including the New Northeast Constitution and the SOAP

FYI, it might be necessary to have the SOAP in full in that thread rather than a link, as the Assembly passed an amendment changing the number of slots.

Also, I've never been clear on the second two letters of the acronym. SOAP = "Standing Orders of Atlasian Protocol"?

GM Napoleon
Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 11:02:02 am »
Ignore

Standing Order on Assembly Procedure. If it gets a Wiki page I would rather add that.

AverroŽs Nix
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 11:10:34 am »
Ignore

Ah, that makes... much more sense.

I'll add it to the wiki if Dave ever approves my request for access.

Pyrofox
PyroTheFox
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 12:12:52 am »
Ignore

This sounds spectacular. I am completely on board.
AverroŽs Nix
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 11:09:06 am »
Ignore

I'm amending the bill to reflect that this it's purpose is merely to improve and update our current Vital Civic Information Thread:

Northeast Annals Act

1. The Northeast Vital Civic Information Thread will be renamed the Northeast Annals. This thread will be stickied in the Regional Governments board. The Northeast Annals will be updated as frequently as possible, and will contain at least the following information:
    A. A list of elected officials in the Northeast Region, including the Regional Senator.
    D. A list of all passed, failed, and tabled legislation, with links to the relevant discussions.
    D. Any other information that is useful and relevant, as determined by the updater
    E. A list of references, including the New Northeast Constitution and the Standing Orders on Assembly Procedure
2. The Northeast Governor is charged with updating the Northeast Annals, though he or she may delegate this duty if necessary.

Napoleon has already made many of these changes, but I would like to enshrine them in law. Keeping this thread current and accessible is vital to keeping the citizens of the Northeast Region informed. It might be the single most important factor in promoting involvement in regional politics, even at a relatively casual level.

Also, I've changed the bill so that it lays the responsibility on the Northeast Governor. He or she still may delegate this duty if necessary, but someone needs to be accountable. Since the governor's office is directly-elected, and more visible to the public than the Speakership, I think this is best.

Again, please let me know if you'd like any changes to this bill. Also, if you don't like the name change, let me know. It may be a trivial detail, but I don't want to step on anyone's toes.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 11:10:55 am by AverroŽs Nix »Logged

GM Napoleon
Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2012, 01:35:14 pm »
Ignore

Even though the name is cooler, I prefer the old name for nostalgic reasons. Tongue

AverroŽs Nix
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2012, 09:57:03 am »
Ignore

Amending the bill to dispose of the name change:

Northeast Annals Act

1. The Northeast Vital Civic Information Thread will be stickied in the Regional Governments board. This thread will be updated as frequently as possible, and will contain at least the following information:
    E. A list of references, including the New Northeast Constitution and the Standing Orders on Assembly Procedure
2. The Northeast Governor is charged with updating this thread, though he or she may delegate this duty if necessary.

AverroŽs Nix
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2012, 09:57:40 am »
Ignore

The Assembly will now vote on the legislation. Voting will last 24 hours.

AverroŽs Nix
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2012, 09:58:20 am »
Ignore

Aye

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2012, 02:30:44 pm »