Mitt Romney, high school bully? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:33:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Mitt Romney, high school bully? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mitt Romney, high school bully?  (Read 21676 times)
AmericanNation

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 1.91

« on: May 10, 2012, 12:25:40 PM »

"The Washington Post can’t be bothered to worry about Barack Obama’s college years, college transcripts, communist friends, cocaine use, or cop-killing plotters in whose living room he first launched his major political career, but they can get in the really way back machine to 1965 and Mitt Romney’s high school years.

Mitt Romney cut a hippy’s hair at his preparatory high school. A day after Barack Obama caved on gay marriage, the Washington Post “coincidentally” says Mitt Romney cut the hair of a boy who “was perpetually teased for his nonconformity and presumed homosexuality.”

Let’s leave out the fact that the kid who got his haircut was subsequently thrown out of school for smoking one cigarette, but we’re to believe that the assailants of his hair, witnessed by many, were ignored. Oh, and the guy who got is hair cut never, ever, ever mentioned it, including to family, and died in 2004 so it can’t be verified. But a handful of students who now probably support Barack Obama have a crystal clear memory of events from 50 years ago. The people who were adults at the time of the incident and still alive have no memory of it, but remember Romney and said he was never a disciplinary problem."

what a joke of a story
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 12:51:38 PM »

It wasn't "cutting a hippy's hair", you awful little person, it was a hate-crime assault. It's disgusting, and the fact that you're brushing this off and attacking the victim is just as disgusting.

I would feel a lot better about it if it wasn't an obvious hit piece strategically deployed the day after Obama's evolution.  Also it would be nice if the "victim" was alive not dead or if he mentioned it to a single person over a 40 year period.  Where was this story 20 years ago?  It's a stretch to call touching hair an assault and "hate-crime" is ludicrous.        

"After four years of ignoring Barack Obama’s bullying of religious groups and others from inside the White House, it’s fair game to go after Mitt Romney as a supposed high school bully.

I guess we won’t hear the left whining any more when we mention Barack Obama eating a dog since, as they are quick to point out, he was a kid when it happened."

AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 01:10:57 PM »

In addition to everything Lief said, I don't see how the media's supposed lack of coverage of Barack Obama's past is in any way a valid defense of Romney's actions here.

(Also the idea that the media has glossed over Obama's past is absurd - were you people under a rock in 2007/2008?)
...If candidate A is better than candidate B on an issue, you shouldn't go ballistic on A and support B(ignoring B's worse record) because you would be committing an illogical and fallacious act.  Comparison of an apple to an apple is fair game.  

The fact that people know more about Sarah Palin's past than BO's disproves whatever point you were trying to make there.  

"We do not really know much about Barack Obama’s constituent record in the Illinois Legislature.

We still don’t know his college transcripts.

We still don’t know what exactly he did for ACORN in his community organizing time.

We still don’t know all the details about the depth of the cocaine use Barack Obama admitted to in his book. Likewise, we know very little about his drug use in high school beyond just a few lines of reporting from 2007.

We know very little, outside of his own autobiographical spin, about how he overcame his rage at white people — something he wrote about, but again, as a politician in an autobiography.

We still don’t know about just how many communists Barack Obama chose to surround himself with.

We still know very little about Barack Obama’s ties to Bill Ayers and the media sure hates to talk about Barack Obama getting his major political start in Bill Ayers’ living room.

But the press is perfectly happy to go back several decades to tell us every salacious detail about Mitt Romney the teenager.

This reminds me of 1992 all over again. The George H. W. Bush team wanted to go focus on Bill Clinton the draft dodger from Vietnam because they couldn’t fight on the economy. Unlike 1992, Barack Obama has the media doing it for him." -EE
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 01:27:26 PM »

In addition to everything Lief said, I don't see how the media's supposed lack of coverage of Barack Obama's past is in any way a valid defense of Romney's actions here.

(Also the idea that the media has glossed over Obama's past is absurd - were you people under a rock in 2007/2008?)

Republicans would have more credibility on these issues if they'd been more aggressive in squashing demonstrably false rumors about Barack Obama, like that he wasn't born in the United States or was a closet Muslim. By giving credence to these out-there ideas, they deprived themselves of the room to be successful with more conventional kinds of character-assassination stuff along the lines you suggest, and as they'd done with Bill Clinton in 1992.
That stuff started in the democrat primary with Hillary and the GOP "establishment" slapped it down more than anyone else including the media and Obama himself. 
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 05:44:59 PM »

Some people mentioned the Bush AWOL letter, but this screams more of the New York Times John McCain quasi affair with lobbyist hit piece that was as I recall right after he locked up the nomination...  
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 08:04:30 PM »

So cutting someones hair in the early 60's would be like what today?  
Telling a kid to put on a belt and pull his pants up?  

FYI, sports teams cut kids hair all the time to this day.    
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2012, 08:21:29 PM »

This is a non-story obviously. But it's amusing how people think Obama hasn't been attacked at all. Did they forget what happened with Reverend Wright? Obama had to give an excellent speech to squash that. And what about all the Obama is a muslim bullsh**t? One network ( a very "fair and balanced" one) in particular pretty much came out and hinted that he was. And the rest of them reported on it constantly as well. Those who think Obama hasn't been attacked enough are just haters.

Reverend Wright is a classic example of the kid gloves Obama gets.  The Story was ignored for what five months?  Then it actually gets covered for two days... Obama gives a crap speech and the media fawns over his "momentous speech" and forgets about it.  

I don't know about all of FNC, but I watch O'Reilly regularly and he knocked that crap down more than anyone including Obama himself.  

I honestly don't know, but does Obama have any recent religious history outside of Wright's church?        
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2012, 08:32:40 PM »

boys pull girls pony tales, it usually means they like them. 

girls put gum in other girls hair, it usually means they're jealous.

girls have slumber parties and do all kinds of stuff

guys cut other guys hair, typically in some kind of "team/tribe" context. 

This has gone on for hundreds of years  ...breaking NEWS, put it on the front page!!!
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2012, 08:53:04 PM »

Romney wasn't a child when he did this, he was practically an adult and old enough to know better.

1) you don't know that
2) If it did happen -- no one knows how bad it was -- it may have been harmless -- only the people involved know and the "victim" is dead and never told a soul. 

3)Meanwhile at the same age Obama was selling drugs, he was practically an adult and old enough to know better.
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2012, 09:28:06 PM »

Romney wasn't a child when he did this, he was practically an adult and old enough to know better.

1) you don't know that
2) If it did happen -- no one knows how bad it was -- it may have been harmless -- only the people involved know and the "victim" is dead and never told a soul. 

3)Meanwhile at the same age Obama was selling drugs, he was practically an adult and old enough to know better.

1. 18 is an adult and that's old enough to know better, no excuses.
2. Romney didn't deny it, he just gave the "I don't remember" response. Being held down against one's will is never harmless.
3. Stop making things up, it won't change that Mitt Romney is a bully.
I didn't make anything up.  What do you think I made up?
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2012, 09:50:19 AM »

I'm surprised no one mentioned the family of the kid knocking down this whole thing and ripping the post.  Also, a "witness" wasn't there and the "long bothered by it" was he heard about it 3 weeks ago... classic hit piece collapse. 
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2012, 10:32:55 AM »

Mitt Romney?
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2012, 10:44:51 AM »

I'm surprised no one mentioned the family of the kid knocking down this whole thing and ripping the post.  Also, a "witness" wasn't there and the "long bothered by it" was he heard about it 3 weeks ago... classic hit piece collapse. 
?

Christine Lauber, the older sister of Romney’s classmate, John Lauber, claims she has no knowledge of the bullying incident involving her brother, who passed away from liver cancer in 2004. When ABC News showed Christine the story, she became agitated and somewhat emotional.

“Even if it did happen, John probably wouldn’t have said anything,” she said. “If he were still alive today, he would be furious [about the story].”

Betsy, another sister, spoke up about the incident as well. Aside from stating that the portrayal of her brother is inaccurate, she said the family is frustrated that the story is being used to push a political agenda.

“The family of John Lauber is releasing a statement saying the portrayal of John is factually incorrect and we are aggrieved that he would be used to further a political agenda,” she said. “There will be no more comments from the family.”

...“I always enjoyed his pranks,” said Stu White, a popular friend of Romney’s who went on to a career as a public school teacher and said he has been “disturbed” by the Lauber incident since hearing about it several weeks ago, before being contacted by The Washington Post. “But I was not the brunt of any of his pranks.”  ...This, of course, calls into question the notion that White was bothered by the incident for a long time (after all, he just learned about it).

AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2012, 11:03:54 AM »

I also didn't realize this was a prep school that the students lived at, which totally changes the dynamic.  A team/tribal situation for sure. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies