Mitt: No to gay marriage; children need a mother and father. Gay adoption? Fine. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:55:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Mitt: No to gay marriage; children need a mother and father. Gay adoption? Fine. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mitt: No to gay marriage; children need a mother and father. Gay adoption? Fine.  (Read 4454 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

« on: May 11, 2012, 12:19:48 PM »

All other things being equal, which of course is never the case, isn't a kid living with two parents, one male, and one female, probably the most ideal for the kid - you know gender role models and so forth?  As others have stated, just because something is best, does not mean that some law should mandate it (among other things, as I said, all other things are really never equal).  The elusive theoretical perfect can be the enemy of the practical good.
Not really. My parents had a very ugly marriage. My quality of life improved immensly when they got divorced. And I don't think I'm alone in saying I'm tired of santimonious Republican politicians telling me what my family is supposed to look like. For a party that claims to be for "small gov't" they're strangely obsessive about what people do in their own homes on their own time.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 07:14:27 PM »

"Common sense" says a mother and father is best, but the studies show that having two loving parents is what matters, with no difference in outcome depending on gender.

God would be to differ. Mom/Dad not dad/dad or mom/mom.
No marriage or adoptions for the GLBT period end of story.
If you want government based on "God" move to Saudi Arabia. We don't have Shariah law in the United States.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies