Draft Picks for Districts 3 & 5
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 08:09:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Draft Picks for Districts 3 & 5
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Draft Picks for Districts 3 & 5  (Read 1991 times)
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 16, 2005, 01:46:24 PM »
« edited: January 16, 2005, 02:03:32 PM by CheeseWhiz »

Hello, everyone!  As you may know already, I’m planning to create the CLA (Conservative Libertarian Alliance) to promote more Conservatives and Libertarians for office and to reduce Populist and Liberal representation.  In order to do this, we need good strong candidates, something we don't have in the District 3 or the District 4 senate races.  Let me elaborate:

District 3:
Nym90: Liberal with Populist leanings, an active senator that will be hard to beat.
Philip: A Conservative with Libertarian leanings, A guy portrayed as little crazy. Is not very electable, according to the API poll.
Mike Naso: a Conservative; I know that some polls, which Naso created, show him in a strong second, but I’m still skeptical that he can really have a chance to win, especially after “Naso’s Greatest Hits.”

District 5:
John F. Kennedy: a Centrist and another active senator that will be hard to beat, but will be impossible to beat if there's no one running to challenge him!

So, who can we draft to give some strong opposition to these incumbent senators, post a suggestion here.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2005, 01:48:23 PM »

Maybe accept that it is legit to a have a different opinion on certain issues to you?
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2005, 01:48:37 PM »

District 5:
John F. Kennedy: a Liberal-Populist (is that right?) and another active senator that will be hard to beat, but will be impossible to beat if there's no one running to challenge him!

JFK isn't liberal, he's more of a moderate.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2005, 01:49:11 PM »

District 5:
John F. Kennedy: a Liberal-Populist (is that right?) and another active senator that will be hard to beat, but will be impossible to beat if there's no one running to challenge him!

John F. Kennedy is a straight Moderate. He leans slightly to the right though but no that much. He is not a Liberal Populist he is a Centrist with a slight rightward lean.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2005, 01:50:15 PM »

JFK is a moderate. And more libertarian than populist.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2005, 01:51:44 PM »

JFK is a Union Party member who doesn't know it yet Smiley
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2005, 01:52:30 PM »

JFK is a Union Party member who doesn't know it yet Smiley

You wont be happy until everybody in Atlasia is a Union Party member.
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2005, 02:04:04 PM »

Changed JFK to Centrist.  I don’t know where I got Liberal-Populist.  I wrote this up a while ago after searching the boards and remember that it wasn’t a very good source (someone ranting, possibly?) Thanks for the correction.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2005, 02:06:16 PM »

District 5:
John F. Kennedy: a Centrist and another active senator that will be hard to beat, but will be impossible to beat if there's no one running to challenge him!

Don't be so pessimistic. We have had one Governor be defeated when he had no opposition.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2005, 02:07:29 PM »

District 5:

Don't be so pessimistic. We have had one Governor be defeated when he had no opposition.

~Tish tosh, nothing of that sort has ever happened.  Ever.~
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2005, 02:10:32 PM »

District 5:

~Tish tosh, nothing of that sort has ever happened.  Ever.~

The Re-Governor was a De-Governor for awhile. Wink
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2005, 03:06:04 PM »

King, since you are a Moderate Conservative-Libertarian (not to mention Atlas Football Commissioner, the “draft picks” title must have attracted you here Wink would you consider running for the District 5 senate race?
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2005, 03:13:05 PM »

Hello, everyone!  As you may know already, I’m planning to create the CLA (Conservative Libertarian Alliance) to promote more Conservatives and Libertarians for office and to reduce Populist and Liberal representation.  In order to do this, we need good strong candidates, something we don't have in the District 3 or the District 4 senate races. 

Problem is their aren't any Libertarians left. John Dibble is the only one and he is only partially active. badnarikin04, the only major Libertarian their was, has told me that he cannot participate in Fantasy Elections for a little bit. So we don't need a Conservative Libertarian Alliance.
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2005, 03:43:34 PM »

Hello, everyone!  As you may know already, I’m planning to create the CLA (Conservative Libertarian Alliance) to promote more Conservatives and Libertarians for office and to reduce Populist and Liberal representation.  In order to do this, we need good strong candidates, something we don't have in the District 3 or the District 4 senate races. 

Problem is their aren't any Libertarians left. John Dibble is the only one and he is only partially active. badnarikin04, the only major Libertarian their was, has told me that he cannot participate in Fantasy Elections for a little bit. So we don't need a Conservative Libertarian Alliance.

Be quiet, you ingrate, we're endorsing you Wink Maybe you should bring that up after the election!

There are a lot more Conservative-Libertarians out there AFAIK, so I believe the CLA has some purpose.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2005, 03:44:48 PM »

Be quiet, you ingrate, we're endorsing you Wink Maybe you should bring that up after the election!

There are a lot more Conservative-Libertarians out there AFAIK, so I believe the CLA has some purpose.

What's AFAIK? Their aren't many Libertarians on here and most of them are inactive.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2005, 05:29:58 PM »

King isn't really much to the right of JFK.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2005, 06:22:15 PM »

King isn't really much to the right of JFK.

Political Compass says I am a point to the left of him. :/
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2005, 06:23:50 PM »

King, since you are a Moderate Conservative-Libertarian (not to mention Atlas Football Commissioner, the “draft picks” title must have attracted you here Wink would you consider running for the District 5 senate race?

Sorry, Cheese. I endorse JFK for another term.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2005, 07:17:29 PM »

"As Far As I Know".
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2005, 07:40:39 PM »

This site Netlingo will explain any acronyms.

Sorry, Cheese. I endorse JFK for another term.

Sorry, I never look at the Political Compass because I hate the way the questions are worded.
Here,  at the very bottom of this page, it says you’re a Moderate Libertarian-Conservative. You endorsing JFK is fine with me, it was just a suggestion Smiley
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2005, 09:39:18 AM »

What's AFAIK? Their aren't many Libertarians on here and most of them are inactive.

I'm using the term “Libertarian-Conservative” and others in the different combinations used on Issues 2002. So there is no confusion, the “Conservative Libertarian Alliance” is meant to include all people who fall into these two categories (Libertarian or Conservative) on the political chart.

So back to the main topic, that is, draft picks.  I’ve got another proposal.  If anyone else is out there thinking of someone they would like to have campaign for office, please post it here.  I would like to suggest that Liberty and Mr. Fresh consider running for their districts.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2005, 09:45:10 AM »

Yes, I'm sure that fostering ideological hate is the way to make things better here </sarkyness>
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2005, 09:51:18 AM »

What about the fourth district?  What is going on there?

States basically owns that district... he's unbeatable
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2005, 10:15:39 AM »

Yes and it seems that the other Senator is already Freedom Party.  So much for jumping right into the elections. 
Is there any thread that lists?
(a)All current elected officials
(b)Platforms of all candidates running for offices

In Atlasia Senators are elected at different times. "A" Senators get elected at the same time as the Presidential Election, "B" Senators are elected during the midterms. Also in Atlasia we have preferential voting. This mean that you list the candidates in order of your preference. So here is an example, the candidates are me, you and Alcon just for kicks:

1. ColinW
2. Cosmo Kramer
3. Alcon

This states that you first preference ColinW so your vote goes to him originally. Lets say ColinW gets 3 first preference votes, you get 5 and Alcon gets 7. ColinW would then be eliminated and his votes would go to their second preference. So lets say every ColinW voter Second Preferenced you Preston. That would mean that in the final round you would have 8 votes to Alcon's 7.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2005, 10:21:48 AM »

Oh, I see.  This is similar to what they use in San Fransisco for the City council elections.

I guess. I don't know much about San Francisco politics.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies