What These 2012 Fabricated "Culture War" Distractions Really Are... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:23:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  What These 2012 Fabricated "Culture War" Distractions Really Are... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What These 2012 Fabricated "Culture War" Distractions Really Are...  (Read 1055 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« on: May 11, 2012, 07:34:00 PM »

Ah.... ha

Romney has been a willing participant during the primaries to go all culture warrior... the positions he's taken on let's say... abortion, is to the right of the majority of voters in Mississippi, on gay rights he's to the right of GW Bush, Cheney and McCain ... he had a choice. He could stand by his positions from the past, actually had some degree of principle ... or say actually try to fight against the Santorum-led BS.... but no...

Romney has no guts, no principles, cannot stand up to the nutcase right and there's no position he won't change or throw under the bus to win.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 10:17:46 PM »

How about JPMorgan's $2 billion loss out of Britain?

Do you really think that JPMorgan's self-inflicted debacle is going to cause voters to trust a former financier to be a good president?  While I don't think it will have much effect politically unless it turns out to be much worse than has been reported, it undermines the whole "I'm a businessman, so I know what to do with the economy." theme Romney has been trying to run on.

Especially considering his endorsement of the Ryan Budget, which would impose the same austerity on the US, as was done in Europe... and that's clearly been such a total success.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 09:51:28 AM »

I know this will come as a shock to you, but the rights of women and of LGBT Americans actually matter to many people.

But let's be serious for a sec. After all the smoke has cleared what did Obama really say? He said he supports gay marrige ( Which no one with a decent Iq doubted in the first place) Then he took the federalism position where the states should decide ( Basically the Chris Christie, Ron Paul , moderate republican positions). If you belive it's a Civil rights issue you should feel their rights supersedes state rights.

I'm glad he supports it don't get me wrong but him saying the states should handle it leaves us in the exact same place.

That's the thing... the Obama Administration has done pretty much all within it's power to address inequality, regardless of Obama coming out in support.

What Obama did was symbolically important, but what's clear is that the States are going about their business relatively well (all things considered)...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies