What These 2012 Fabricated "Culture War" Distractions Really Are... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:43:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  What These 2012 Fabricated "Culture War" Distractions Really Are... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What These 2012 Fabricated "Culture War" Distractions Really Are...  (Read 1052 times)
greenforest32

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.43

« on: May 11, 2012, 05:54:28 PM »

I don't recall Republicans having problems rounding up the culture war in 2004 when they petitioned all those anti-gay ballot measures to ban gay marriage/civil unions.

Republicans do even worse on fiscal policy. I mean just look at Romney's plan: Bush tax cuts 2.0, increased "defense" spending + an itching for a third "overseas operation", more financial deregulation and more privatization of public services for-profit all (partially) paid for by massive cuts to government programs benefiting the non-rich.

Straight up subsidization of private greed at the expense of the public good.

tl;dr - Our policies wrecked the economy and budget and our plan is more of the same but it's clearly the fault of the Democrat in office. Vote Republican because critical thinking is hard and hate is easy
greenforest32

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.43

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 06:26:59 PM »

I don't recall Republicans having problems rounding up the culture war in 2004 when they petitioned all those anti-gay ballot measures to ban gay marriage/civil unions.

Republicans do even worse on fiscal policy. I mean just look at Romney's plan: Bush tax cuts 2.0, increased "defense" spending + an itching for a third "overseas operation", more financial deregulation and more privatization of public services for-profit all (partially) paid for by massive cuts to government programs benefiting the non-rich.

Straight up subsidization of private greed at the expense of the public good.

There is no subsidization. Taxes belong to the taxpayers, not the government, and if most taxpayers vote for a tax cut, they ought to get what they want. Romney's plan is authored by esteemed economists from Harvard and Columbia. We've tried Obama's plan by his economists, and it did not work. Keynesianism did not work in the '70s and it did not work this time either.  It's time to return to the principles of Milton Friedman. The sub-prime mortgage crisis will never be repeated because the Fed is better mentoring the banks, and it's abundantly clear that that the separation of commercial and investment banking will definitely come back if banks drop the ball like that ever again.

Show me the poll numbers showing that the public wants lower taxes paid for by cuts to social programs like Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, education, etc. Oh wait, there aren't any.

It's a shame so many voters vote while ignoring the connection between services and the taxes that pay for them. It's disingenuous to only look at half of the picture and sell that as the whole package.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starve_the_beast#Political_commentary

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies