Vice Presidential Debate Organization Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:36:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Vice Presidential Debate Organization Thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Vice Presidential Debate Organization Thread  (Read 361 times)
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 11, 2012, 05:02:23 PM »

First off, we need one of you unbiased citizens to volunteer to run it.  A second to control things in case the moderator disappears would also be nice.

Secondly, we will need a schedule that won't steal the show from the Presidential debates.  Do the other candidates also want to do a series of debates or would one be enough to satisfy everybody?  It would be a good idea to mention what times you are available.

Now I'm of the opinion that picking a "city" is largely irrelevant, but if that makes you all happy then feel free to discuss possible locations also.  What IS relevant is the format.  The presidential candidates have rejected using new mediums such as IRC chat or Skype/Youtube formats, but how will this VP debate be organized?

I hope you all don't mind me taking the initiative here.  In past cycles we have waited too late to start organizing the running mate debate; you can imagine those debates turned out poorly.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 05:07:13 PM »

Because of time zones differences, I don't think I be able to participate in any IRC/Skype debate.

I'm open for participating in a thread debate. I also think it would be more appropriate, so the all Atlasians can view this.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 05:15:09 PM »

Maybe get multiple moderators to ask about different subject areas? I could moderate foreign policy section, someone else could moderate economic policy section, etc. And since I proposed Tampa for the Presidential debate, I'll suggest St. Petersburg here.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies