Who do you support in the War of Five Kings? (Game of Thrones on HBO) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:33:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Who do you support in the War of Five Kings? (Game of Thrones on HBO) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Joffrey Baratheon*

Renly Baratheon

Stannis Baratheon

Balon Greyjoy

Robb Stark

Daenerys Targaryen (technically not a participant)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 33

Author Topic: Who do you support in the War of Five Kings? (Game of Thrones on HBO)  (Read 7090 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: May 27, 2012, 07:50:04 PM »
« edited: May 28, 2012, 10:04:39 AM by Nathan »

Stannis, as he's the only claimant who'd be even marginally competent as a ruler.

(Also, Davos Seaworth is my favorite character in the entire series.)

More or less this. Robb is a great leader of men but we saw where that gets you absent administrative tact in the person of Robert Baratheon. I don't share the hate for Cat but she's, shall we say, less than an ideal advisor. If Robb had better help I'd probably support Northern independence with Stannis ruling the Southern kingdoms. The Ironborn have an extremely good case for independence, culturally speaking, but said culture is such that an independent Ironborn nation-state would from a realpolitik point of view be undesirable for pretty much every non-Ironborn on the planet within reach of saltwater. Also Balon is a bit of a cock even by their standards.

Renly is a toom tabard and Joffrey is one of the most disgusting people ever.

The Onion Knight is wonderful, although the nickname makes me think of a certain minor character from Utena, which is a little arresting.

Dany is great and admirable in many ways but has some of the same problems as Robb for reasons that become apparent later on.

I should point out that I've read the books so I know how this plays out, but hindsight actually doesn't change much in terms of who I personally support.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 10:20:18 AM »

The best outcome is, I think, an older and wiser (preferably through means other than being brainwashed by Baelish, but beggars can't be choosers) Sansa on the Iron Throne, with Stannis as Hand, mainly since I'll defend Sansa as a dynamic and growing character until the day I die, but the set of circumstances required for that to happen are, uh...not especially broad or likely.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 10:58:13 PM »

The Hound is stone cold.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 11:36:56 AM »

I was just talking to a friend last night about how I personally would love some really cheesy, camp classic adaptation of A Song of Ice and Fire where the acting and scripts were good but for example Dany's dragons were clearly animatronic and the Wall was an obvious matte painting. Sadly, I doubt anybody else would.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 03:29:53 AM »

I was just talking to a friend last night about how I personally would love some really cheesy, camp classic adaptation of A Song of Ice and Fire where the acting and scripts were good but for example Dany's dragons were clearly animatronic and the Wall was an obvious matte painting. Sadly, I doubt anybody else would.

I'm imagining something like Ralph Bakshi's take on LOTR. I'd watch.

I was thinking more like a cross between a Ray Harryhausen creature flick and old-school Doctor Who.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies