Paul backers boo Romney son off stage
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Paul backers boo Romney son off stage
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Paul backers boo Romney son off stage  (Read 1511 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 13, 2012, 01:11:18 PM »

There isn't a whole lot of evidence out of these conventions that Paul supporters are ready to line up behind Mitt Romney, the presumptive nominee, who's now less than 200 delegates short  of securing the nomination.

At Alaska's recent GOP convention, guest speaker Sen. John Barrasso of Wyoming was booed for expressing his support for Romney. Now comes this rough treatment for Romney's son Josh at the Arizona GOP convention Saturday.

From the Arizona Republic report:

PHOENIX – Supporters of Ron Paul booed presidential hopeful Mitt Romney's son off the stage Saturday at the Arizona Republican Party convention, as he sought to solidify support for his father's nomination.

Hundreds of state GOP members were gathered at Grand Canyon University to elect delegates for the national convention in July in Tampa, Fla., which is expected to select Mitt Romney as the official Republican nominee to challenge President Obama.

"We cannot afford four more years of President Obama," said Josh Romney, the third of Mitt Romney's five sons. "We need someone to step in there and turn things around."

But Josh Romney had to stop repeatedly as people booed and yelled for Paul, who has continued campaigning in the Republican primary.

Link

It looks like things could get ugly in Tampa...
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 01:11:56 PM »

These guys are the definition of Freedom Fighters.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 01:32:17 PM »

Rude, fanatical, arrogant, and anti-democratic. I've switched my support to Romney for standing up to them.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 01:48:58 PM »

Rude, fanatical, arrogant, and anti-democratic. I've switched my support to Romney for standing up to them.

GAME CHANGER!
Svensson
NVTownsend

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2012, 01:52:02 PM »

Couldn't have happened to a nicer family.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2012, 01:54:18 PM »

So Beet is going to vote for Romney over Obama because of the behavior of people who support neither Obama or Romney? Uh....
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2012, 01:56:35 PM »

So Beet is going to vote for Romney over Obama because of the behavior of people who support neither Obama or Romney? Uh....

Yeah, I'm confused...
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2012, 01:57:57 PM »

I like Ron Paul, but his supporters are starting to make it difficult for me to with their behavior the past month or so. The way they are going about comes across as very rude, arrogent, and what they're doing is very anti-democratic. Republicans have spoken, and they want Romney, not Paul, to face off against Obama as the GOP nominee. Deal with it.

On another note, I've been very impressed by the Romney son's speaking abilities - I expect several of them to have successful careers, just like their father has.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2012, 02:02:28 PM »

It's not as if the Mittbot has any choice but to stand up them if he wants the nomination.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2012, 02:36:04 PM »

Ron Paul, get out.

Ron Paul fanatics, shut up, get out, come back in November to vote for Romney.

That's all you are good for right now.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2012, 03:12:10 PM »

Ron Paul, get out.

Yeah, that's the way to get their support!
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2012, 01:12:52 AM »

Ron Paul, get out.

Haha, are you sure they will vote for Romney in November?
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2012, 04:29:17 AM »

They booed his "green slate" of delegates.  It was all fine up to that point.  Man, talking about twisting facts.  This place is like the MSM, a bunch of bullsh**t for the status quo.

http://youtu.be/KPBGMczFUfI

They all cheer for him.  A couple guys yell Ron Paul.  Then he pitches his Romney-only delegate slate (his green piece of paper) that gets boos from the RP supporters. 

Oh and here's Romtards attacking Paul supports in OK:

http://youtu.be/CbuYetG09aU
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2012, 04:31:59 AM »

Ron Paul, get out.

Haha, are you sure they will vote for Romney in November?

I'll vote Obama over Romney.  But I'll just either write in Ron Paul or vote for the Libertarian.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2012, 05:41:29 AM »
« Edited: May 14, 2012, 05:49:32 AM by To be born again. »

Haha, what a funny thread!

It's just too bad Paul didn't actually win anything. I mean winning at least a few states really would have strengthened his case.

Sort of off-topic but I watched a speech by Rand last night. That dude is really pretty frightening. He seems like an unapologetic fascist, much more so than his father does.

(Oh yeah, and LOL at the Beet thing! Is he serious?)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2012, 09:05:33 PM »

It's just too bad Paul didn't actually win anything. I mean winning at least a few states really would have strengthened his case.

Sort of off-topic but I watched a speech by Rand last night. That dude is really pretty frightening. He seems like an unapologetic fascist, much more so than his father does.

There's the Virgin Islands... And Rand really is frightening; he seems like a full neocon, almost his father's opposite foreign policy-wise.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2012, 09:47:41 PM »

I like Ron Paul, but his supporters are starting to make it difficult for me to with their behavior the past month or so. The way they are going about comes across as very rude, arrogent, and what they're doing is very anti-democratic. Republicans have spoken, and they want Romney, not Paul, to face off against Obama as the GOP nominee. Deal with it.

On another note, I've been very impressed by the Romney son's speaking abilities - I expect several of them to have successful careers, just like their father has.

Do we really want the leftist media nominating our candidate (which they did in 08 and they are likely doing now). While I agree some of the Paul supporters have acted underhanded the GOP establishment did the Paul folks dirty last time by not allowing them a place at the table. Romney will do the same and we may see something happen that may lead to a three way race and it will go to the house.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2012, 09:50:48 PM »

Do we really want the leftist media nominating our candidate (which they did in 08 and they are likely doing now). While I agree some of the Paul supporters have acted underhanded the GOP establishment did the Paul folks dirty last time by not allowing them a place at the table. Romney will do the same and we may see something happen that may lead to a three way race and it will go to the house.

Hint: if the media was really liberal, someone more liberal than Obama or Hillary would have had a shot at the Democratic nomination in 2008.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies