Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 23, 2014, 04:20:31 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Forum Community
| |-+  Forum Community (Moderators: afleitch, Bacon King, Badger)
| | |-+  The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 81 Print
Author Topic: The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts  (Read 108690 times)
Scott
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« on: May 14, 2012, 11:27:50 pm »
Ignore

A new thread, a new beginning.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 05:39:03 pm by Governor Scott »Logged
Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 11:32:17 pm »
Ignore

When I was in the third grade, I thought that I was Jewish
Because I could count, my nose was big, and I kept my bank account fullish
I told my mom, tears blurring my vision
He said, "Mort, you've loved God since before circumcision"
Scott
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 11:33:13 pm »
Ignore

Sad
black and white band photos
BRTD
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 12:41:50 am »
Ignore

Obama said he would bring transperancy to government. Releasing the records could put the Birther debate to rest wether or not he's a natural born citizen

LOL, idiots. It would be hilarious if Orly Taitz got 2nd place next month in our US Senate race.

I hope she wins

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
IDS Legislator Pingvin
Pingvin99
YaBB God
Estonia

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 01:08:16 am »
Ignore

Antonio V
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -4.87

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2012, 04:35:06 am »
Ignore

Usual Pingvin.

Mining is the best policy.

Quote from: IRC
22:15   ComradeSibboleth   this is all extremely terrible and in all respects absolutely fycking dire.

It really is.

"A reformist is someone who realizes that, when you bang your head on a wall, it's the head that breaks rather than the wall."

Peppino, from the movie Baaria
Pope Kalwejt I of Northeast
Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2012, 05:18:11 am »
Ignore

Barry now tries to avoid ANY economy discussion so he had use everything for his campaign: from gay marriage and free condoms to Romney dog.
Also, there is one more reason for this.

R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -7.74, S: -7.48

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2012, 08:17:43 am »
Ignore

Henry Kissinger is quite arguably the best Secretary of State America has ever had, certainly the best during the Cold War. Future Secretaries should try to mimic him.

i like girls but there is NOTHING better then a sexi hott dude
black and white band photos
BRTD
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2012, 10:47:13 am »
Ignore

I was just about to post that.

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
ōcēlōxōchitl
a Person
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2012, 11:36:29 am »
Ignore

Henry Kissinger is quite arguably the best Secretary of State America has ever had, certainly the best during the Cold War. Future Secretaries should try to mimic him.

I don't agree, certainly, but that qualifies as neither absurdity, ignorance, nor bad posting.

President John Hay
clarence
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2012, 01:09:24 pm »
Ignore

I don't agree, certainly, but that qualifies as neither absurdity, ignorance, nor bad posting.
Thank you...
I could post on here how members of this board would root for Iran in a war against the USA but that's an opinion- as absurd as I may find it they have a right to hold it without being mocked

ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2012, 02:32:18 pm »
Ignore

That has never been the main point of this thread - too often the point of this thread is to collectively ridicule a poster for having opinions that deserve to be seriously debated but that some posters are not ready to tolerate for some reason.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
YaBB God
Czech Republic

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2012, 02:43:17 pm »
Ignore

Amen.

But, as ZuWo said, that's not the idea of this thread. It's all too common for posts to be quoted here just because they don't adhere to the Democratic forum party line.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 02:46:10 pm by True Conservative »Logged

Clearly the solution is to privatize presidential elections.

So, in less than four years, get excited for the 2016 MetLife Financial U Pick The Prez Extravaganza. If you tweet a picture of your completed ballot with the hashtag #ivoted, you could win a trip for two to the inauguration or an iTunes gift card.
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2012, 02:45:18 pm »
Ignore

Take it elsewhere please.

(FTR, I agree that this post shouldn't have been put here)

22:15   ComradeSibboleth   this is all extremely terrible and in all respects absolutely fycking dire.

It really is.

"A reformist is someone who realizes that, when you bang your head on a wall, it's the head that breaks rather than the wall."

Scott
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2012, 06:11:54 pm »
Ignore

If he wins, it will certainly be a major victory for those who wish to return to the good old days of the 1800's.

GDP growth above 2.5% ? ?  unemployment under 8% ? ?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2012, 07:20:14 pm »
Ignore

Amen.

But, as ZuWo said, that's not the idea of this thread. It's all too common for posts to be quoted here just because they don't adhere to the Democratic forum party line.

I see the new thread is off to a nice start free from debate and arguing...
wormyguy
YaBB God
Liechtenstein

Political Matrix
E: 4.52, S: -1.57

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2012, 09:03:17 am »
Ignore

As long as I'm the patron saint of this thread:  Why genius political analyst Peter Brower believes Scott Walker is "wildly unpopular."

I think that people are scared to admit that they loathe him to a pollster now. There's nothing that he has done to win support... but many interests have created a climate of fear in Wisconsin. Whether that translates into voting is a different matter.
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2012, 12:38:33 pm »
Ignore

As long as I'm the patron saint of this thread:  Why genius political analyst Peter Brower believes Scott Walker is "wildly unpopular."

I think that people are scared to admit that they loathe him to a pollster now. There's nothing that he has done to win support... but many interests have created a climate of fear in Wisconsin. Whether that translates into voting is a different matter.

The "shy anti-Walker effect" ? Grin

It really is.

Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2012, 09:50:56 am »
Ignore

Islamic Republic of Persia.

wormyguy
YaBB God
Liechtenstein

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2012, 11:33:01 am »
Ignore

No more wrong than saying "Federal Republic of Germany" instead of "Bundesrepublik Deutschland."  In fact, it's probably better not to mix and match languages.
politicus
YaBB God
Denmark

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2012, 11:38:52 am »
Ignore

No more wrong than saying "Federal Republic of Germany" instead of "Bundesrepublik Deutschland."  In fact, it's probably better not to mix and match languages.
Not the same thing. Its Iran in modern English, Persia is no longer correct, its like saying Mesopotamia instead of Iraq.

wormyguy
YaBB God
Liechtenstein

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2012, 11:42:28 am »
Ignore

Not the same thing. Its Iran in modern English, Persia is no longer correct, its like saying Mesopotamia instead of Iraq.

Well yes I know that their government prefers "Iran" to "Persia" in English, but I was just thinking about what I think should be the general rule. Tongue

(Also not quite the same; Mesopotamia is the name of a region but Persia has always been used to denote a government).
SJoyce
sjoycefla
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.03, S: -8.96

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2012, 12:35:00 pm »
Ignore

Well yes I know that their government prefers "Iran" to "Persia" in English, but I was just thinking about what I think should be the general rule. Tongue

(Also not quite the same; Mesopotamia is the name of a region but Persia has always been used to denote a government).

General rule is that Iran is used in a political context but Persia is appropriate in a historical or cultural context (Islamic Republic of Iran vs Persian rugs or cats).

Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2012, 01:55:17 pm »
Ignore

Is Wormy trying to kill another Deluge?

Scott
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2012, 01:56:53 pm »