The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:35:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 80
Author Topic: The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts  (Read 260947 times)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: June 26, 2012, 05:24:16 PM »

This forum needs more prog rock references.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #176 on: June 26, 2012, 05:48:38 PM »

Stop.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #177 on: June 26, 2012, 05:51:04 PM »

But it does. Then again, we're not ones for busting through walls.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #178 on: June 26, 2012, 05:58:01 PM »

Seriously?
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #179 on: June 26, 2012, 06:41:25 PM »

No.  And reposts that say stuff along the lines of "Since the other one was deleted" are going to keep getting 10 points.  So stop already
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #180 on: June 26, 2012, 07:51:04 PM »

Yes. Prog rock is the sh*t.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #181 on: June 28, 2012, 09:40:07 AM »

I can't believe Kennedy got it right and Roberts got it wrong. This thing is unjust in many ways.

To the GOP: PUT A PAUL ON THE TICKET OR YOU LOSE
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #182 on: June 28, 2012, 10:04:13 AM »

Everything from a certain poster on this page would qualify: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=155261.75
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #183 on: June 28, 2012, 08:35:53 PM »

But evolution is not fact and shouldn't be taught as such.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #184 on: June 28, 2012, 08:43:12 PM »

Scott- you're better then this my friend. You and I both believe in evolution, but we can also be frank and admit it is a theory- a well supported one, sure- but a theory.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #185 on: June 28, 2012, 09:02:22 PM »

Scott- you're better then this my friend. You and I both believe in evolution, but we can also be frank and admit it is a theory- a well supported one, sure- but a theory.
Atomic theory is just that, a theory. Should we nix the neutrons too?
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #186 on: June 28, 2012, 09:09:22 PM »

No- but there's obviously a difference and some one expressing a view of it shouldn't have their views mocked... especially when many in our nation hold the same views. Do you folks want to only have liberals on this board? It'd be mighty boring to only have conservatives on here for me
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #187 on: June 28, 2012, 09:11:56 PM »

No- but there's obviously a difference and some one expressing a view of it shouldn't have their views mocked... especially when many in our nation hold the same views. Do you folks want to only have liberals on this board? It'd be mighty boring to only have conservatives on here for me

When someone says a concept that has so much evidence backing it shouldn't be taught, then I personally don't see how that constitutes as reasonable and that's why I quoted it in this thread.  I don't want this to be an all-liberal or all-conservative board, either.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #188 on: June 28, 2012, 09:16:43 PM »

When someone says a concept that has so much evidence backing it shouldn't be taught, then I personally don't see how that constitutes as reasonable and that's why I quoted it in this thread.  I don't want this to be an all-liberal or all-conservative board, either.
I guarantee fewer people are atheist then don't believe in evolution... yet if I put atheist views in here- which I would not- I'd get called a bigot or any name you could think of. There's a double standard on the board and while I disagree with JCL on this, I hate to see his views mocked when he's putting them forward in a polite and reasonable manner
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #189 on: June 28, 2012, 10:32:03 PM »

What krazen is to the left wing- there are 5 liberals on this board who are the same to us

After most elections there are folks whom are happy if the Democrat wins, and there are folks whom are happy when the Republican wins. I would put Krazen1211 strongly in the second camp, and numerous posters here in the first camp. Surely, I strongly suspect that he took as much pleasure in the victory of Scott Walker as I did. That said, I have not noted him as being a particularly strong conservative ideologue. There seems to be a strong streak of prejuidice in this forum that equates being Republican with being "right-wing" and "extremist."
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #190 on: June 29, 2012, 12:44:07 AM »

Can we agree that this gem is absurd?

Goes to show that even the scientific community is divided. The evolution side may have a 1% edge but we have Ron and Rand Paul.

I'm a realistic Paultard and what is this
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #191 on: June 29, 2012, 01:00:28 AM »

In science, "theory" has a different meaning than the everyday use of the word.  From the United States National Academy of Sciences
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Evolution is a fact just like the Earth going around the sun is a fact or that we are all made of tiny things called cells is a fact.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #192 on: June 29, 2012, 01:03:56 AM »

Well, it depends on what you mean by evolution exactly.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #193 on: June 29, 2012, 01:05:41 AM »

Inks, I thought we were trying to discourage arguing in these threads, not joining the arguments.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #194 on: June 29, 2012, 01:06:29 AM »

Well, it depends on what you mean by evolution exactly.
Lets just whip out the ol' dictionary ......
Evolution noun-change in the gene pool of a population from generation to generation by such processes as mutation, natural selection, and genetic drift.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #195 on: June 29, 2012, 04:39:48 AM »

Inks, I thought we were trying to discourage arguing in these threads, not joining the arguments.

He's not, he's just contributing to the thread by posting an absurdity directly in it. Wink
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #196 on: June 29, 2012, 06:23:30 AM »

Can we agree that this gem is absurd?

Goes to show that even the scientific community is divided. The evolution side may have a 1% edge but we have Ron and Rand Paul.

I'm a realistic Paultard and what is this

I'm an unrealistic Paultard (Johnsontard?) and still think JCL's being nutty, especially since it was in response to me talking about Project Steve.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #197 on: June 29, 2012, 07:17:02 AM »

I don't like the feeling that I'm picking on someone, and I'm not even convinced that a thread like the deluge should be permitted, but this is exactly the kind of atrocious post that this thread is intended for.

Look at the Islamic world, they are having kids at the rate many western Christians once did and at some point may out populate the Christian world. That is something I don't want.
Why? Changing demographics is a fact and they will have huge consequences in the long run.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #198 on: June 29, 2012, 07:26:20 AM »

I don't like the feeling that I'm picking on someone, and I'm not even convinced that a thread like the deluge should be permitted, but this is exactly the kind of atrocious post that this thread is intended for.

Look at the Islamic world, they are having kids at the rate many western Christians once did and at some point may out populate the Christian world. That is something I don't want.
Why? Changing demographics is a fact and they will have huge consequences in the long run.

Because his thesis is that the use of contraceptives will lead to the fall of western civilization.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #199 on: June 29, 2012, 08:42:22 AM »

The whole thing is pretty ridiculous, but the bolded part stands out the most:

I can only concur.

I always said Rick was more electable than Romney for precisely this reason. Mitt's just so easy to attack.

Ditto, except I've always said that Romney was the easiest GOP opponent for Obama to beat.  That's why the MSM made him the candidate.  (Santorum, because he's so socially conservative and sort of an economic-liberal, would have been the second-easiest for Obama to beat, which is why the MSM left him to last.)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies